Chapter Four

Chapter Four--Fairytales vs Reality

~Storybrooke~

There was a knock on Anastasia's door. It was nearly ten at night. Who would want to talk to her that late? Unless Will had tried to break in somewhere again...

She opened the door to find Will himself standing there. Anastasia very nearly slammed the door in his face, but forced herself to keep it open.

"Hello, Ana."

"Hello."

There was an awkward silence before Will broke into a rushed apology, the words tumbling out of his mouth so fast Anastasia could hardly keep up. "Look, Ana, I'm sorry. I should have never left you, I should have stayed by your side. I'm sorry, I was only thinking about myself, but I've regretted that night ever since it happened, and Ana, I-"

Anastasia cut Will off by pressing her lips against his for a moment. "Apology accepted. Besides, it was my fault, not yours. I was the one being an idiot, not you."

"Its was partially my fault, and you can't take the blame for it. I won't let you."

"I love you," Anastasia said. "I never stopped."

"And I love you, Anastasia Red."

~

Emma woke up to the sound of the blender. Neal wasn't in bed, which meant Henry had probably convinced him that a milkshake was a good breakfast choice...again.

Emma walked into the kitchen to see both Henry and Neal drinking vanilla milkshakes. Neal picked up a third glass and held it out towards her. "We made breakfast."

Emma rolled her eyes, but took the cup anyways.

After breakfast, Emma finished getting ready. She pulled on her red jacket, and gave Henry a hug. "Have fun at school today."

Henry nodded before running off to get himself ready for school. Emma gave Neal a quick goodbye kiss. "I expect something decently healthy in Henry's lunch today."

"Yes, ma'am," Neal joked, earning a smile from Emma.

~The Enchanted Forest~

Daniel hadn't planned on falling in love with the daughter of darkest sorceress in the Enchanted Forest, it just happened that way.

He had been taking care of the horses when Regina had burst into the stables, looking like she was almost in tears. He had seen her around, and they spoke often.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Fine," Regina managed. "Just need to get my mind off of things."

"Rocinante was fed earlier, so he should be good."

Regina sighed. "I don't think riding is going to take my mind off of things at the moment..."

"Then why are you here?" Daniel asked.

"Because my mother won't look for me here." Regina sat down with her back against Rocinante's door.

"Is she troubling you again?" Daniel sat down beside Regina.

"Yes. As always."

"What is it this time?"

"Apparently I'm not good enough for her. I never have been, I know that...but can't she at least try to appreciate me?"

"Regina, you are perfect the way you are. Don't let Cora put the idea in your mind that you're not. Just because you aren't her idea of perfect doesn't mean you aren't someone else's. But if you let her tell you that you aren't ever good enough, you'll eventually believe it. You'll go to desperate lengths to hurt her, and you might end up hurting yourself in the process."