But now I see it, the flaw of this perfect mystery. It wasn't his truck I saw at his house; I remember being surprised it was this clean and without a scratch.

"My dad wants to offer me a car on my birthday, even if I tell him mine's all good", his voice flashes through my mind.

This all makes sense. The car tricked me.

"Addison, Ava had said to me, aren't you staying? Noah is coming, he will be there any minute."

I was too upset about the fact that he had a girlfriend to realize he wasn't there.

"I killed him

-No, you didn't, sweetie, says mom. He was the one making the accident. You didn't...."

She continues speaking but all I can hear is my heart exploding in my chest.

I wake up with a start.

I am in my room, the shutters and curtains are open, I have my day clothes on. I must have fallen asleep after I came back from school. I sight.

"It was just a nightmare", I thought.

I get up and take my medicine. Since the accident, I have a lot of nightmares. If we can call them that, because all they really do is make me live this day all over.

I swallow some paracetamol for my migraine and hide my face into my hands.

I hate having flashbacks like this, even if it happens daily since last year.

I lift my head up and look through my window, trying to think about another thing than the accident. The dark sky shows a few stars this night, and the moon shines brightly.

My phone buzzes with a message. I take it from my nightstand and unlock it.

Apparently, I received a message from an unknown number. I am about to delete it when I see the first few words: "Hey Addison, it's Charlie".

I open the message while smiling.

CHARLIE- Hey Addison, it's Charlie. Olivia gave me your number, hope it's okay with you. Just wanted to check in, see how you're doing.

I can't help smiling. He asked for my number, and he texted me to "check in".

ME- Hey Charlie, totally okay with it. I'm fine. What about you?

CHARLIE- Good.

I want to continue texting him, but I really don't know what to say.

Come on, Addison, think of something!

I see bubbles appear to indicate he is writing. A few seconds after, I finally receive a text.

CHARLIE- Actually, I wanted to ask you something

This begins to intrigue me.

ME- Go on

CHARLIE- Well, I was thinking of going to the cinema this weekend to see a new movie and I was wondering if u would like to come

A dozen of questions pass through my mind: "Why is he asking me that?", "Which movie?", "Does he want us to go alone?", "Or with some of his friends?", "Is he asking me out?", "What do I answer?", etc.

CHARLIE- I mean, if you want. It'll be chill, just you and me.

My stomach did a weird thing as I read the last text he sent me.

So, he is actually asking me out?!

ME- I would love that

What has gotten into me? I would not LOVE that! It would only make me sad, thinking about all the times we did that with Noah.