00 - Authors Note

Disclaimer - Not an update, Sorry 😭
If you don't want to read it all, just scroll to the bottom and read the bold to answer the question :).

I just know it's been so long since I've written for this story. Multiple reasons, I put some things in the comments, but not everyone reads those, so here I am!

Biggest reason I haven't written for this story, is the lack of motivation. It just kind of plummeted when TVD was removed from Netflix in my region. I tried watching it on other platforms, but ads made it annoying when I had to skip back and forth between the episode. I had to keep rewatching the ad every single time. And yk Soap2day has its own issues, plus now, it doesn't even work for me. So the fact that this is a time travel fic, makes it far more time consuming to write than other stories. i.e, draining my motivation because of the time it takes.

Another reason for lack of motivation is the Hope & Stefan ship I wrote in here. I kind of realized after posting it I didn't like it. It was so rushed. But I already posted it, no going back. So yeah.. I tried forcing myself to work with it.
— I was reading a lot of TVD time travel fics at the time, and one of them shipped Stefan & Hope. They rushed it too, so I was kind of in the area of—it's okay if I rush it! Because writing about all the romance and the good parts would make up for that awkwardness!! I also have never written romance, and all the stories I have written some form of romantic love, have never made it to the romance part because it's SO slow paced 💀. (Because I'm scared to rush it like this one... And I like a slow-burn because it feels more meaningful). But for this story—it doesn't feel meaningful. And feels forced. And I've reread it, and I feel just as weird as you guys about it, trust me.
— Sorry for that terrible writing 😭.

Another reason for my lack of motivation is TVD itself. I love it with all my heart, but I have started to grow outwards and enjoy other shows, partake in other fandoms. I'm sure if some of you have read my other stories as well, you have noticed slow updates for them too. It's because for me personally, and probably other author's, when I'm watching another show, into another fandom, I kind of lose motivation for other ones. So, to layout my timeline for you guys so that this makes a bit more sense:

I started TVDU fics about a year and a half ago, mostly Legacies because I was deeply into it, rewatching the show, and wishing it didn't end. I started writing multiple stories—updates slowed because school started. And yeah, motivation just drained. Started losing my interest in TVD too, and I actually started the Flash, which is when updates practically stopped/became really slow. And it's because I was into something completely different, and I even wrote a fanfic about the Flash. I chose not to post it because the same thing happened with it that happened to these stories. I lost interest and it'd be sitting unfinished in a cliffhanger for y'all. And J lost interest in it because I started Supergirl, which I did decide to post because K had a lot of it done and a really set plot plan—but Updates for that have just kind of slowed, because now I'm writing a fanfic for The 100, and of course, it's a different show 😭. Once I started writing for this one, I won't be writing for that fanfic, because again, I just can't write stories from different fandoms without losing tons to all motivation for one of them.

That was really long, sorry 🤧.

Lastly, I have a job now, so I just don't have as much time to write as I once did. And because I'm less energized after work, I feel unmotivated too. Also just got my wisdom teeth pulled 🫠.

Anyway, hopefully that just kind of cleared some stuff up for y'all. I'm sorry that y'all have wanted updates for so long and I still got none 😭. Maybe this explains some stuff for other writers too of their stories that y'all read. They're probably in the same boat haha.

So for continuing this story, hopefully soon, I'm just wondering if I should just scrap the Hope & Stefan ship? I do want it to still happen, but it needs to be at a much slower pace if it does. I feel like that's what's made it the hardest to continuing writing this.
— This means rewriting part 9 and the end of 8 btw. I will probably unpublish the old versions.

Also, I will likely just write off of my memory of the TVD storyline, so unless I remember the iconic quote word for word, it probably won't be in the story. And there will probably be some flaws—some changes that weren't in TVD just because I don't remember. This way, writing won't be AS time consuming and draining.

Ty guys for all your support, and I am, again, sorry for no updates.