PART 2: THE CAPITOL

3: WARRIORS

I get taken to a room by myself, where two "beauty stylists" enter and bathe me, wax me and then take me to another room that isn't empty this time. There is a man with long dreadlocks that have some kind of gold jewellery through them, his eyes are beautiful, so dark they are almost black and he is wearing clothes that look similar enough to something we would wear in District One, he's not as over the top as other people here. He shakes my hand, says "Hi, I'm Remus Myron, I'm the new District One designer" It's our escorts first time and our stylists? Wow the Capitol are treating us this year. I'm about to introduce myself but before I get the chance to, Remus says, "I know what you'll be thinking, first year as a designer, I'm probably going to be a mess" he pauses, I look at him blankly as if to say, yup you got that right, he snickers a little. "Well don't worry about that, I don't know you very well but I was watching the Reaping and Lusitania has told me about you. So from what I know I think you are going to like what I've designed for you and your..." hes not sure what me and Achilles are to eachother, I try and fail the hide a laugh.

"It would be easier to just say District partner, wouldn't it Remus" 

"Yes, we will go with that then, for now"

"Im sure you probably already know this by the sound of things but I'm Athena Belcourt"

"Nice to meet you Athena."

I'm about to ask when I'll get to see my outfit for the Tribute Parade, when Achilles walks in, I can't help but hug him the second I see him, theres something uncomfortable about not being together in the Capitol. It doesn't feel safe for us here. 

"Welcome Achilles, Im Remus Myron, your designer for your time here in the Capitol."

"Hi, Achilles Sonhart, are you ok, Athena" I nod. 

"I'm guessing you would like to see what you are wearing for the Tribute Parade." 

"yes" we both say. 

"Well since you, Achilles, are named after a Greek Warrior and you, Athena, are named after the Greek Goddess of war, I figured these outfits would be more fitting than something inspired by your district."

For Achilles he pulls out some black pants with a blue skirt-like cover over them and a big silver belt, a silver shoulder plate that looks like scales, with a blue sash, the same colour as the skirt covering half of his chest, a silver cape and silver sandles that tie half way over the pants. For me it's a dress, the same blue colour as Achilles' outfit, with a cutout in the middle outlined in silver designs, a silver cape, scale-like shoulder plates and the same silver sandals as Achilles. 

We get dressed and they braid the front sections of my hair, curl the rest, and tie a little of the top section up. My face is coated in makeup, with blue and silver eyeshadow and black eyeliner  being the "statement" of the look. And for Achilles, he has the same black eyeliner as me and thats all for his makeup, and they have just left his dark brown curls the same as they usually are. 

"The two of you look terrifying" Lusitania says in the distance, I can't help but laugh as she meant "terrifying" as a compliment.  

Remus follows up with, "You really do look intimidating, that will go well for you on the sponsor side of things." 

"Thank you" Achilles says. 

"Yes, thank you Remus, I'm glad I'm not a mess" Him and I laugh, Achilles looks at me in confusion but I wave it past. We step on to our chariot and ride through the centre of the capitol past a hundred thousand "fans" and sponsors. Smiling and waving as we go past, Achilles' arm is around me the whole time. Achilles and I knew we had feelings for eachother but we also knew that I was going to be forced into the arena so we never did anything about it. I think now that we are here, spending our last days together, Achilles doesn't want to let go of me. I hope that doesn't make it hard for him to kill me.