Chapter-3

Awaiting for their parents in what seems like a houseboat but really resembles a luxurious yacht, this impressive boat sits in a class of its own, not quite a yacht, not just a houseboat—something in between, a clear testament to their wealth and luxury.

"Guys!!! They are here!" Manik yells noticing his in-law's car that appears in the scene as they're making their way to the parking.

"Let's go, let's go" She shouts out to her siblings to get prepared to give their parents a surprise.

They quickly disembark the houseboat, shouting "Surprise!" as their parents step out of the car. The sight of all four children together leaves their parents startled and deeply surprised after such a prolonged time apart.

Their hectic work and personal schedules keep them apart so often that at family gatherings if one manages to attend, the other often cannot, making their rare reunion together a surprising and shocking sight for them both.

This truly stood as the most immense surprise for them. As a parent, what greater joy can there be than having all your children gathered before your very eyes?

"Happy Anniversary Maa Paa" four of them yell and hug their parents. Their embrace formed an unforgettable group hug, a moment etched deeply in their memories.

" We are here too," Khushi says as she and Avni join their group hug.

Glancing back, Nandini gestures to Manik, beckoning him to join the embrace, and swiftly, he eagerly steps in to be a part of the hug.

Following the family hug, they head up to the houseboat and find their places to settle. It's got two bedrooms and an open area where they dine and lounge, complete with a kitchen tucked into one corner. Up top, there's a sitting area, a petite swimming pool, and a bar—a truly luxurious setup indeed.

" Our journey will start soon," Arnav announced after talking with the helmsman.

"Oh... I forgot to say that They are coming to join us too" Neil speaks up after Arnav is informed about their departure.

" No?" Arnav asks in horror. With an arched eyebrow and a telling expression, it's clear he expects the other person to alter their speech.

However, Neil persisted with his statement unchanged, prompting Arnav to withdraw his hands from his pants pocket and nervously rub his forehead with two fingers, clearly anxious and fearful of what would happen next.

Seeing his sons being worried, he makes his way to them "What is wrong" Asks their father Ram.

"Dad... They're coming" Neil informs and Ram's body stiffens hearing that and whispers "No".

"What is wrong?" She catches sight of her brothers and father positioned on the boat's foremost deck. Their tense figures were visibly noticeable from a distance.

"N..Nothing" Ram replies looking at his sons and encircling her with a supportive embrace, offering solace in her moment of need.

"Dad? What is wrong?" She looks at her Arnav and then up at her father's face.

"They will be here too" Arnav speaks up and steps closer to her and pats her hair when she looks at Arnav with her big eyes.

Blood trickled down her face, causing her to tightly clutch the flowing layers of her anarkali dress. Despite the discomfort, sensing the presence of her family members, she compelled a smile, redirecting her gaze towards her father once more as she uttered, "That's wonderful, isn't it?"

"Are.. are you sure?" With an intent gaze fixed upon her face, Ram poses his query, and in response, she simply nods in affirmation.

"If you say so.." After giving her a head pat, Ram leaves her with her brothers and heads inside the lounge.