Chapter -2

As soon as she kicks off the engine, the rain begins to pour more heavily, as if this was the last day it would rain.

Glancing out the passenger window, she sees the three kids begin to run in the direction of their parents, who are dressed like park maintenance staff.

She understands why those kids were at the park that hot summer afternoon. They have come to support their parents. She grins as she watches the kids bounce in the mud, causing water splash on them.

The rain brings back dreadful memories, yet seeing the children lifts the way she feels. Allowing her to temporarily forget THAT incident so she can get back home by car securely. Also, as she remembers about tonight, she forgets all of the PAST memories that have washed over her. Tonight, they're heading to the houseboat she and her siblings rented to surprise her parents with a family gathering. She starts moving towards her residence. 

They're gonna enjoy their summer vacation in the houseboat and celebrate their parent's fortieth wedding anniversary.

After parking the vehicle in the basement, she heads towards the front door. She hears a chuckle next to her as she reaches forward to open the door. Despite, her knowledge of whose sound it is. She looks over her right shoulder and turns around to smile at them warmly.

"Hey," she says, throwing her hands around the girl who is now standing centimetres from her face.

"Hey, how are you?" The second girl asks her after she has reciprocated the embrace. 

" I'm good, you say? Oh my god! You look awesome in this dress" she comments at the other girl.

The two females look away when they overhear someone cough because it draws their attention to him.

He's standing there wearing a white shirt, black suit pants, a black tie and a white pocket square. Yes, he appears to have the characteristics of a predator.

Girl, watch what you say! She gives herself a warning before hesitantly reaching out to that person. They each offered each other a handshake.

" Where is mom and dad?" Asks the other girl.

"They aren't home, sis," she replies.

" Yay!! That's great" the other girls squeals in happiness.

"Shall we go inside?" the man interrupted the girls, suggesting they move indoors.

" You are still the same, aren't you?" she asks her brother-in-law. He simply shrugs his broad shoulders in response. Both of the girls sigh and walk inside the house, following the 6-foot-tall man named Manik Malhotra.

She whispers to her sister's ear, "Take care of that one." She points at her sister's 7-month-old belly.

Silently, her sister says, "I hope he won't be like his dad," but the man rectifies her immediately and says, "I heard that." Once more, both females sigh.

"I hate you Manik!" Her sister scowls at her hubby before entering the living room, where her husband is already seated calmly and comfortably.

"I love you too, Nandu," he whispered softly, gently wrapping his arms around her sister's growing belly. The warmth of his embrace seemed to soothe her and ease the stress of pregnancy."

"Wow, you guys make such a perfect couple!" she exclaimed, struck by the beautiful intimacy between her sister and her husband.

"Don't envy us!" said Mrs Nandini Malhotra to her sister, although they all laughed at Nandini's inability to make a face.

A sudden ring of the doorbell cuts through their joyous moment, prompting the girl to quickly excuse herself and attend to the visitor.

"Heyyyyy!" The magical moment happened when two lost souls met each other and started jumping with joy. Their happiness was infectious and their excitement was palpable. It was an experience that they would always remember.