Chapter 1-10

Chapter 1 Returning to the Old Place
  In the eleventh month of the lunar calendar, heavy snow fell all over Kaishi. People who went out covered themselves like rice dumplings and walked quickly through the streets and alleys.

  At this time, an old man and a young man were also walking hurriedly on a quiet path.

  The old man was holding a little girl in his hand, about five or six years old. The cold wind whistled on the girl's face, and her eyes became colder and harsher.

  The old man said to the girl through the scarf covering his mouth and nose: "Xiaoyao, we will be home soon."

  Xi Jinyao's face was also tightly wrapped in the scarf, leaving only her two big eyes exposed. When she heard the old man's words, Only then did she return her gaze to the house not far away.

  There was no response from Xi Jinyao, and Wen Zhengcheng didn't think she was rude. He just told her to pay attention to the road to avoid slipping and falling.

  Xi Jinyao quickly collected her emotions, turned to Wen Zhengcheng, who was much taller than her, and said sincerely: "Grandpa Wen, thank you."

  Thank you for giving me a warm home at this time, and even more so. Xi Jinyao doesn't know if the memories in her mind of your love for me over the years are considered her past life, because she was reborn.

  This year, something happened to her family. Although it was a long time ago for Xi Jinyao now, when she saw the injured corpses of her grandfather, father and mother again, she was still almost uncomfortable. asphyxia.

  Later, just as Xi Jinyao remembered, Wen Zhengcheng came the morning after his relative's accident. It was said that he was his grandfather's best friend. They were brothers in life and death and survived the battlefield together.
  Although Xi Jinyao was unfamiliar with the stranger in front of her. There was a trace of doubt in the person, but when he took out the photo of him and his grandfather standing together, many of the people who came to express condolences knew him, so Xi Jinyao gradually began to believe him.

  After finishing the funeral with Wen Zhengcheng's help, he proposed that Xi Jinyao live with him. Although Xi Jinyao was young and didn't understand at that time, he still invited relevant personnel to notarize Xi Jinyao's property.

  This time, Xi Jinyao did not refuse. It belonged to her parents and she had no reason to refuse. He just looked at Wen Zhengcheng with more respect in his eyes.

  This kind man adopted him without any desire for nearly twenty years. Although his grandson and daughter-in-law hurt him deeply in the end, Xi Jinyao has always been clear about grudges and will not take her anger out on him. .

  Xi Jinyao was very grateful to Wen Zhengcheng, but in this life, she did not want to go to the Wen family again. But before she could say no, Wen Zhengcheng said: "My child, Grandpa Wen will be your family from now on." Her words got stuck in her throat. .

  As soon as the two of them opened the door and walked into the house, someone heard the sound and came over: "Dad, you're back? Huh. What is this?"

  Xi Jinyao stiffened when she heard Yi Qingxuan's voice, although she had already done everything on the way here. She was mentally prepared, but when she actually saw the person, she couldn't help but tremble slightly.

  No one noticed anything strange about Xi Jinyao. After Wen Zhengcheng changed his shoes, he said to Yi Qingxuan: "This is the granddaughter of one of my good brothers. She will live in our house from now on. This is a poor child. Everyone wants her." Treat her well."