4

WHY ARE SO MANY PEOPLE READING THIS? YOU ALL ARE INSANE, also sorry this has taken so long, I actually have this thing called 'a life'. ALSO ALSO, THESE ARE NOT THE REAL PEOPLE, THESE PEOPLE ARE A FIGMENT OF MY IMAGINATION, THEY JUST SO HAPPEN TO HAVE THE SAME NAME, JOB AND LIFE AS SOME ACTUAL PEOPLE, BUT THEY ARE IN NO WAY THOSE PEOPLE, THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

Max stayed in that curled up position until someone walked in and saw him, he felt arms curl around him and pull him into a hug. He opened his eyes to see a red Ferrari shirt in his face, it was Charles.

"I'm going to guess it didn't go well." Charles whispered into the Dutchman's ear, who then let out a small laugh.

"You're going to guess that?" He smiled at the Monegasque through his tears. Max and Charles stayed like that for a while, Max slowly calming down, then a certain Mercedes team owner came into the room.

"Dad!" Max said like a  little child who hadn't seen his dad in a week, before being pulled into another hug, Toto leaned into Max's ear.

"Hey, it's okay." Toto started whispering words softly in German, reassuring Max that everything was alright. Charles was standing awkwardly in the corner of the room. Max whispered back to Toto at one point. "How'd you know I was here?" He asked.

Toto replied. "Charles messaged me." Max's eyebrows furrowed in confusion and he turned to Charles. "You have my dad's phone number?" Max asked the Monegasque, Charles awkwardly looked at the ground before replying. "Uh, I used your phone."

Max got even more confused, Toto was enjoying the show. "You know my password?" Max asked Charles who face became flushed red with embarrassment. "Uh, yeah, I, you." He awkwardly laughed. "Um, I watched you put it in your phone and kinda memorised it."

Max didn't know how to respond to that, so he walked over to Charles and pulled the other driver into a hug. "Well thank you anyway, for being here for me and for getting my dad, even if you had to use my phone to do so." Max told the other man.

The three then proceeded to stand in the room awkwardly while the author tried to think of what to make them so next. Ehem, ek. Sorry about that. Anyway. Max got another phone call, the ring tone blaring out with: SHE'S NOT AFRAID OF ALL THE ATTENTION, SHE'S NOT AFRAID OF RUNNING WIL-." Max quickly answered the call, Christian Horner was on the other end. 

"Hey Max," The voice came through the little electrical box. "Are you going to come out of your driver's room anytime soon? Free practice is in 50 minutes and you would want to be late, especially with your dad here."

Max grimaced at the mention of Jos Verstappen and replied. "Uh yeah, I'll be down soon, just sorting something out." There was a pause of silence before Christian replied.

"Max, if you've brought someone back to your room, don't let them be seen coming out, I've already had to squash all those rumours about you and... what was his name? Henry? Hunter?" Christian said and Max felt himself blush slightly.

"No no, nothing like that, and his name was Harry." Max tags the name onto the end. He ends the call and turns to the other two people in the room. "Charles, you should get ready to get in the car, dad, you should get ready to control the cars, free practice starts in 50 minutes." 

Charles nods and quickly leaves, Toto gives Max another hug before leaving as well, Max heads back to the Redbull garage where Christian was waiting on him, Checo was already there.

Free practice goes pretty well, Max tops the charts, but only by around a tenth of a second, could be better. Max gets out the car distracted, no no, not by his 'dad' (AKA Jos Verstappen) No, he was distracted by the beautiful boy in red, who's hair was so fluffy, so soft...

Max shakes his head, nope, couldn't get those thoughts about his friend, his RIVAL, but the hair, the blue eyes. MAX, stop, he doesn't like you like that, get those stupid thoughts out of your head... but what if?

NO.

Stupid brain, thinking life could go Max's way for once. Charles looks over at Max with a soft smile, Max blushes and looks away quickly.

Right, but what if...?