2

If you haven't realised already Jos Verstappen is the bad guy in this story, as I mentioned before all of this is going to be out of character and none of this has ever really happened... Probably

A picture got out, a picture of Max and Toto, hugging. How was Max meant to explain that to Christian? Max saw the picture when he was scrolling through Twitter while sitting in his drivers room. It's simplest to say that Susie Wolff got a phone call from a very panicked Max Verstappen.

It probably took around 20 minutes for Susie Wolff to calm her son down completely. After they got off the phone Max sat down and just thought about how cruel the world was to him. Another call interrupted his thoughts. He looked down at the caller ID.

Incoming call from: 'Christian Horner'

Max seriously contemplated turning the call down before remembering they were in the same building and Christian could just walk to his room and ask what was going on. Max would rather talk on the phone than face to face, it gives a feeling of safety.

Max took a breath before pressing the green button to answer the call.

"Hello?" Max said as he answered the call, he cringed slightly at how his voice cracked.

"Max? What's going on? What's that picture about?" Christian asked. Max pulled the phone away from his ear so Christian couldn't hear how his breathing changed. He put himself in the mind of 'PR Verstappen' before replying.

"Well I don't recall hugging Toto Wolff, it must be either edited or someone else." Max answered trying to keep his voice as steady as he could with the blatant lie.

A huff of almost disbelief came from the other end of the phone. "Ok then, I'll tell the PR team." Max couldn't tell whether the tone of his voice was one of suspicion or confusion.

Max hung up the phone and slumped back into the couch with a sigh. While it might not seem like the end of the world if people discovered Toto Wolff was Max Verstappen's adopted dad to anyone else, to Max it was.

People could start claiming he only made it into F1 because of that, or that Max wasn't actually a good driver, or any multitude of other claims about Max and his relation to Toto. Max wanted to be his own person, not just the child of Toto Wolff.

Another call came through Max's phone but this one wasn't saved in his contacts. It was a Dutch number though so Max still answered the call. His sister had just changed her phone number so Max assumed it was her.

[Italics = Dutch]

"Hello?" Max said to his phone. Immediately familiar Dutch shouting filled his ears.

"OUT OF ALL THE PEOPLE YOU COULD GO TO, YOU CHOSE HIM?" Max froze at the voice, this day really wasn't going his way. Max hung up and blocked the number.

If you haven't caught on that was Mr Jos Verstappen, someone who Max didn't really like in the slightest. He looked back down at the phone in his hand and had a notification that a blocked number was trying to message him.

Max tried to resist, really he did. But he still clicked on the message and some not so nice words came up and ended with the promise that Jos would be going to the next F1 race. Max felt like he was going to throw up, he has managed to avoid his old dad for so many years, now he chooses to go to a race now?? What's so wrong with Toto Wolff that the elder Verstappen has to come to a race to confront Max.

Or maybe he was just looking for an excuse, some reason he could be talking to Max in person.

Max shook his head to get the little overthinking demons to leave. He then made his way to the shared drivers room. It was a place where the F1 drivers could just hang out and talk without having to be in the eye of the public, it was located right near where the FIA place was.

Max found a nice spot on the couch and sat down, the room had a lot of couches and a small kitchen located at the back. He just read through his phone when one of the other drivers walked through the door and sat down on the couch next to him, it was Charles Leclerc, one of Max's oldest friends, and one of the only people on the planet who had ever seen Max Verstappen cry.

Max wouldn't say he's emotionless, he sure feels them. He just doesn't like anyone else knowing how he's feeling, especially if he's sad and being emotional, according to Jos Verstappen emotion is weakness. It was one of the things that Toto could never get out of his brain, while Toto did agree that Max shouldn't be crying in front of the entire world or getting into Twitter fights because he's mad, he thought that it might just be a problem that Max never showed emotion to ANYONE, not even his parents or closest friends.

Charles was an exception, he had once caught Max hiding and crying outside the back of Max's team garage at the time after a huge argument with Jos. Charles did the only thing he could think of and sat with Max until he had calmed down, there was no pushing on what had happened, he was just there as a friend for the 15-year-old at the time.

Anyway, back to the present. Charles was sat on the couch next to Max, nothing was said, they both just silently scrolled through their phones until Charles broke the silence.

"Are the rumours true? About you and Toto Wolff." Max looked up at his friend and contemplated his answer, did he really have it in him to lie to Charles? 

No, No he didn't.

"Yes, and now Jos is coming to the next race." Charles looked like the surprised Pikachu meme.