Spectator

How do you deal with an awkward situation? What is the ideal way of handling it? Do you approach the matter head-on and get over it or do you shove it under the rug and pray it stays buried until both parties decide not to remember it anymore?

Eun kept wrestling with her thoughts while working on her sewing machine. Every time the needle pushed a thread through the fabric, a conflicting thought came up in her head. The two actions happening in sync.

As much as she still needed time to move on from Hyuck, she was in no denial that what happened between her and Chenle had caught up to her.

Eun also knew that she and Hyuck didn't really have closure with their conversation about taking a break.

And that could mean two things–either there was going to be a second chance for them to come around, or it meant their relationship wasn't anything worthwhile for them to seek closure. It was just a situationship.

But Eun held on to the first possibility because it just felt degrading to think that she was so invested in a situationship.

✎...

Chenle bribed Jisung to sit with him during lunch with a bag of pork belly flavored crisps. He was in need of some advice undercover without jeopardizing himself and decided that Jisung would be the easiest to convince.

"I lied to Dana to be here," Jisung dug his hand into the bag of crisps, "this better be worth my time."

"You didn't really have to lie to her."

"Well if i told her I was with you, her curiosity would lead her to spy on us knowing we're an odd pair to be having lunch together," Jisung argued, "and assuming you have something you want to share only with me, I figured I had to keep her out of it."

"Thanks man," Chenle acknowledged his loyalty, "but you see I just needed some advice for a friend. He has been really bothered lately."

Jisung instantly knew the actual implication of what he meant but decided to play along. He knew Chenle was only using a fictional friend to present his own issues. The oldest trick in the book.

"So what's bothering this 'friend' of yours?" Jisung asked, he was also annoyed that Chenle expected him to fall for his trick.

"I'll get straight to the point."

"Go on."

"My friend kissed a girl," Chenle revealed, "well technically she kissed me—HIM first."

Jisung looked puzzled, "Was the girl a minor?"

"No."

"Is he in a relationship?"

"No."

"Then is he gay?"

"What? No!"

"Then why is that dumbass bothered by a kiss?"

"Well that's not the part he's bothered with to be honest," Chenle continued making sure he replaced all the me's with him's, "it's the part that he thinks the incident confirmed his doubts. Doubts that he never really wanted to confirm."

"Well is this 'doubt' related with catching feelings?" Jisung asked.

"Precisely."

"Okay."

"Okay? That's it?" Chenle's confusion was evident on his furrowed brows.

"What else do you want me to say? Isn't the answer obvious?"