EPISODE EIGHT 8:CAMPING

Começar do início

"Okay, that's so cool. Will you teach me?" she asked enthusiastically.

"Okay, but aren't you a Christian?" I asked, smiling at her demand.

"I could do both," she said, shrugging her shoulders.

"No, Ava. You have to choose one, and it has to be the one that you like and care more about and you think is the right thing," I said, and I think she understood my words because her facial expression said, "Aye, aye, captain."

"Understood. I want to get back to my book," she said, staying focused. She was reading Bridgerton.

I noticed a bracelet on her hand. It was with diamonds.

"I like your bracelet," I said.

"Thanks, it's from a friend," she said.

My brain jerked. Adunni, where is your bracelet? I thought.

"Uhmm, did you perhaps find my bracelet?" I said, looking worried.

"I saw it on you yesterday," she said.

"I can't afford to lose that bracelet," I said, with a distressed look on my face.

"Don't worry, you'll find it," Ava said.

"Thanks," I said.

One hour later...

"Hadi, doesn't that guy talk?" Ava whispered into my ear.

"Why should..." I stopped in the middle of the sentence, reflecting on what she said. "Wait, what did you just call me?" I asked, with a crimson on my cheek.

"It's a nickname I came up with for you. Don't you like it?" she asked.

"No, I love it. You are the first person to give a nickname, although my mum calls me by my middle name," I said, smiling.

"Hadi it is then," she said, and she went back to reading her book.

"You do know I'm not deaf," he said.

"Should you win a Nobel prize for that?" I asked in sarcasm.

"You know, if you drop the proud act, people will like you more," he said.

"What happened to you being a loner?" I asked him.

"I'm not a loner. I just enjoy going solo," he said with a frustrated face.

"What do you mean we need friends and family to progress in life, it's the law of life," I said.

"Family and friends make you weak," he said.

"What do you that is all wrong," I said.

"How about you enlighten me," he said.

"Having friends doesn't mean you are weak. It means you have people that care about you, that will and can take a bullet for you. The one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden, I took a pause to catch my breath.

I don't even know why I'm giving you this lecture because you enjoy going solo, I guess," I said, repeating his words.

I looked at him, and it looked like he understood my words, but why should I care? He's not going to listen anyway.

"Ava, I want to close my eyes for a bit," I said.

"Okay, go to sleep, beauty," she said, with her eyes fixed on the book.

ETHAN'S POV.

I looked at the green land and couldn't help but admire the creatures of the Almighty.

The Dee girls just followed me on Instagram. Rosy squealed.

I didn't say anything, because Rosy's followers are like her family and life, if I must add.

"I need to take photos before Miss Melissa takes our phones. I cannot believe I have to live in the forest. I'm going to get all dirty, with those scary noises," she said all irritated.

"You do know it's not as bad as you make it sound," I said.

"Easy for you to say, you don't have a skin care routine to follow," she said.

"It's you help you when you get lost in the wilderness," he said.

"Yeah, whatever helps you sleep at night," she said.

I shook my head and went back to reading.

"Don't you have anything better to do than to read? I'm sure even Einstein did not read this much," she said.

"Rosy, please. Did I disturb you when you've been on the phone throughout this journey? Can't you just leave me alone?" I said.

"Sorry, but please, can we take one photo, please, babe? Pretty please," she said in the cutest way ever.

"No, thank you. I'm good. You are only using me to get more followers," I said in a stern voice.

She wrapped her arms around mine. "Is your dad pressuring you again? If you want to talk about it, I'll always be here," she said.

This time, I knew Rosy was truly concerned about me, and only I get to see this side of her-the sweet and gentle Rosy.

I took her hand, and I interlocked our fingers. "Thank you for caring, Rosy. It means a lot, but I do not want to bore you with my family issues," I said.

"It's okay, babe. You are not boring me with anything. It's why I'm your girlfriend-to talk about things that matter and go through them together," she said.

I kissed her knuckles. "How about we take that picture now?" I said.

"I know you just want to change the subject, but anyway, let's take," she kissed my cheek, and we took the photo.

You might be wondering the kind of dad I have. I have a dad who controls everything in my life. I can't make a single decision without his knowledge. I read my books so much because I can't have less than ninety in any subject.

And now that I'm in S5, my second to last year, he has been building up my portfolio for Harvard University. I never grew up with a father who has time for his family. But because I have this look that both girls and boys are dying for, everybody thinks that I have a life as perfect as Disney princess movies.

I suddenly remembered the bracelet. I think I should return it when we get down.

"Who's that for?" Rosy asked.

"It's nothing you should worry yourself about," I said.

"Can I take a look?" she asked.

I handed the bracelet over to her, and she collected it.

"Whoever owns this has to be goddamn rich. It's worth almost two hundred thousand pounds," she said.

"Are you serious?" I asked in disbelief.

"I'm sure. I'm never wrong about fashion," she said. And it's true-she was a pro when it came to fashion.

I collected it back and put it in my pocket.

"Students, we are here," Miss Melissa said.

I let out a sigh of relief.

WRITER'S NOTE :
Another update.

Don't forget to vote and comment.