Chapter One

Zuko POV

     "Sir, it's time to wake up"

     Zuko groggily sat up and looked at one of his servants standing in the doorway.

     "Why?"

     "Well for one, you can't just sleep all day. And two, it's Princess Elsa's coronation day." Zuko's servant replied.

     Right, the coronation, Zuko remembered.

     Zuko didn't know why he had to attend the coronation of Arendelle's new queen. Well, he knew why, but he didn't want to go. Princesses Anna and Elsa had been invited to Zuko's coronation a few years back, but they didn't come. Why should he have to go to theirs? Their kingdom was a bit strange too, he thought. Almost ever since he could remember, Arendelle had been closed off to the rest of the world. Their kingdom never took place in any diplomatic affairs whatsoever, and whenever any other kingdom would try and make contact, they would either not respond at all, or reply back with simply a polite "no". 

     "Fire Lord Zuko!" 

     Zuko was startled out of his thoughts and realized he had been staring into space for the past 5 minutes.

     "Sorry!"

     As Zuko went to change his clothes, he thought once more about how Arendelle was the only kingdom in which he didn't know any of its people, at least not really well. He had very good friends in the Earth Kingdom and Water Tribes, and had good relations with the kingdoms of Corona, Weselton, and the Southern Isles. He even knew the Avatar, the only airbender left. 

     At least I'll get to see some of my friends again, he thought.

     As Zuko left his room after combing through and styling his hair and changing into his fire lord attire, he remembered the last and only time he had met the royal family of Arendelle as he was being escorted towards his boat. 

     He had been around 8 years old. He remembered thinking that it was very cold where their kingdom was, but very beautiful. The king and queen had seemed nice enough, from what he recalled. The older sister, Elsa, was around his age and was pretty reserved and quiet. The younger sister, Anna, was the opposite. She was around 5 years old, and always wanted to play, especially with Azula. That was the last time he had seen any of Arendelle's royal family, at least until today.

     As Zuko and the rest of his crew approached the ship, he was met with citizens waiting for him at the boat.

     "Goodbye Fire Lord Zuko!"

     "Have a safe trip!"

     Zuko smiled a bit as he waved farewell to the citizens of the Fire Nation.

     "Goodbye everyone! I'll be back soon!" Zuko said as he boarded the ship with his entourage in tow.

▼△▼△▼△▼△▼

Elsa POV

     Elsa had been awake since 4 AM, just lying in her bed worrying about the coronation.

     What am I gonna do if everyone sees me use my powers?  I mean, there are plenty of waterbenders that can do pretty much the exact same thing that I do, and firebenders and earthbenders that can control their respective elements. Heck, Rapunzel used to have magic hair. But that poses a problem to the plot that the author doesn't have a solution for, so we'll just forget about that. 

     Elsa sighed, and got out of bed and headed towards her balcony to get some fresh air.

     What if I hurt my sister again, or someone else? Everyone would see me as a monster. I wish I were never born with these powers in the first place. All they've done for me is make my life miserable. Elsa thought as she began to silently cry as she sat down on her balcony.

     She must've lost track of the time, because the next time she looked up, the first golden rays of the sun rising were peeking up over the horizon. As she looked down to the fjord, she spotted a few ships arriving. 

     Let's see, she squinted as she tried to identify from which kingdoms the ships were coming from in order to distract herself from her worries for the moment. Spending most of her time in her room meant lots of time for her to study up about the other kingdoms and nations of the world.

     There's the Southern Isles, I think... and that's gotta be Corona, she smiled as she thought of her cousin Rapunzel.

     Elsa then spotted an impressive-looking ship made of metal. Ah, that must be the Fire Nation. Fitting, she thought to herself, as the rising sun made it appear as if the grand fire nation ship was pulling it up over the horizon.

     "Princess Elsa!"

     Elsa turned to see Gerda, one of the castle's servants and, honestly, the person she had grown closest to since her parents' deaths, standing in the doorway to the balcony with a sympathetic smile on her face.

     "It's time to get ready."

     Elsa took one last look at the fjord as she wiped what was left of her tears from earlier, then stood up and nodded as she followed Gerda, steeling herself for what was to come.

     Conceal, conceal, conceal.