Chapter 3

"I am so freaking tired," Emma mumbled, letting out a loud yawn.

Regina, who walked beside her, felt slightly irritated from the loud noise but grabbed her keys before opening the front door to her mansion. "If Henry listened to us, he should already be asleep."

"Yeah, right, Regina," the blonde said sarcastically with an amused grin. "He's probably racing upstairs right now, trying to look like he's been fast asleep for two hours."

"I did not raise our son that way, Emma."

"He's a teenager and the son of the former Evil Queen and the Savior. I bet he's texting a girl right now, telling her all about his exciting and dangerous adventures."

The Mayor couldn't hide the disgust on her face as they walked through the dark hallway of her mansion. She really had to get used to her son having interest in girls, because every single time, she felt like throwing up.

Both women were so tired that they didn't bother turning on the lights. They had spent the past few hours at Regina's vault, digging through different books, and even paying Gold a visit. The result was sobering though, as none of them found anything conclusive. Of course, this could also mean that the Evil Queen was bluffing, but no one wanted to take that risk. They decided to continue their research the next day, since the clock showed 11:13 pm.

"Oh shit, where is my phone? I think I forgot it in your car, Regina."

"Here," the brunette handed Emma the keys so she could retrieve her phone. "I'll go upstairs and take a shower, alright?"

"Okay," the blonde nodded before leaving the house again. It was chilly, but she had been too lazy to put her jacket back on. With fast steps, she walked towards the expensive Mercedes parked across the street and opened the passenger door. "What the...?" she mumbled when her phone was nowhere to be found. "I left it in my seat, I'm sure..."

"Looking for that?"

Abruptly, Emma turned around and found herself looking into the dark brown eyes of the Evil Queen. The villain had an amused smirk on her lips and held up the blonde's phone. "You know, I don't quite understand the obsession everybody has with these."

"What do you want now?"

The Evil Queen placed her left hand right above her heart, looking at the woman in front of her with false hurt. "I just wanted to give back your phone, dear."

"Right, thanks, now give it back to me and leave."

"Not yet, dear," the brunette said, and with one swift move, she grabbed the blonde's hand and poofed herself away with her.

"Oh my god!" Emma exclaimed as soon as she found herself in the middle of the forest.

"No need to scream; I don't want to kill you," the villain retorted, her voice annoyed as she rolled her eyes. "And stop being so loud; I am sensitive."

"You don't want to kill me? Well, why are we here then? In the middle of nowhere?!"

"I said," the brunette spoke calmly and deliberately, "not so loud. And that's exactly the point—why would I kill you if I don't have an audience? Preferably my good other half."

Emma sighed, intending to lift her hand to tuck a few blonde curls behind her ear. However, she froze when she realized that she and the Evil Queen were still holding hands. She quickly pulled her hand back and looked at the other woman in horror before asking, "Then why am I here?"

"Hm," the villain shrugged with a smirk. "I just want to scare Regina a little bit."

"And you couldn't choose a warmer place for that?" Emma mumbled, suddenly realizing how cold it was. She cursed herself for being too lazy to put on a jacket before leaving the house because now she could barely focus on anything but the cold.