Chapter 2: Ghosts from the past

Did you know that during the years in which this story took place, there were many more women than men in psychology majors? Maybe by the time you are reading this, that has changed... But in those times, for some guys, that was something very attractive! haha, and for some girls, it became a very competitive environment, at least during the first few years.

And with that little introduction to this chapter, I think it's time we get back to the story...

Javi had finished introducing himself to the class, and the professor thanked him and asked him to take a seat. Then the other students introduced themselves, and they all had very interesting things to tell! Although some people gave very short reasons, there were also others who told very funny stories, others sad, others full of improvement... But Javi's brief story stayed with some people in the class, more than others... Until there was only one person left who needed to speak. The professor looked at Cristal and said:

— I think you're the last one... and it seems like you've already caught your breath, right? Please introduce yourself to the class and tell us why you chose this career.

Cristal smiled and stood up, then looked at the entire class.

- Hello! —Cris said, while waving her hand—My name is Cristal, but call me Cris! I come from the "chura" Tarija... but I'm not slow!

The others started laughing. Are you wondering why? The city of Tarija is well known for having people who seem very relaxed and calm. News and movie premieres also arrive weeks, months or even years later than in the rest of the world. It is such a calm place, that it seems like things happen in slow motion. A word that is used a lot is "churo", which is used in many ways; but trying to summarize it, I would say that it is used when something is very pleasant. Do you remember Cris's singing accent? This accent, shared by everyone who lives in Tarija, gives an even more relaxed touch to their city. It's as if people are singing softly to you when they talk, something like listening to a lullaby when talking.

 It's as if people are singing softly to you when they talk, something like listening to a lullaby when talking