Chapter 5

Alex's POV

I don't know how long I have been running, but I didn't stop. Darting past the tall trees and its roots. Nearly tripping multiple times. But there was no way I was going to stay in the same area with a dragon. A red scaled dragon to put it.

Red scaled dragons are probably number one most powerful dragons out there. They're strong, fast, smart and are one of a few dragons species that can grow as big as a giant mountain, on the rare occasion, even bigger!

They're also very protective over their land and hoard. I heard stories of red scales fighting with power beast over land, and their battles were chaotic and destructive, miles of land got turned into rubble, useless and lifeless.

I'm surprised I made it out of there alive! And if I want that to continue I have to move faster! Dear moon goddess, this would be so much easier if I can shifter into my wolf form!

Being an omega sucks! My legs ache, my chest is tight, and my vision is starting to get blurry. Just, have to keep going!

I see something ahead.

Did you know the saying to not walk towards the light? Yeah, I'm running full blast into it! Wish me luck!

-

Letting out a loud gasp, my eyes snapped opened to see a...ceiling? Looking around, I noticed I was in a room. Not just any room, it's the hang out spot me and the others are always at. Nini likes to refer it has the "Club House" for some reason.

Sitting up, I winced. I was extremely sore, in pain, and sweating from the burning fever I probably have. And it seems that someone changed my clothes, Nini of course. I also got bandaged up.

Looking around again, I noticed that I'm the only person in the room, which is weird since someone else is always in here with me or sitting here alone. Let it be Nini, Liz, one of the hounds, or one of the six others.

Can't blame them, this is the spot for our group to spend most of our time. It's at the very edge of the pack's border.

There's also a tv with a console with lots of games in the middle of the room with a couch and a few beanbags, in a corner there's a couple bookshelves with a table and chairs, and in another corner there's a small kitchen. Plus the workout equipment to the left of the kitchen.

The reason why these play is perfect for us is because my friend group is weird. We have a few that plays video games all the time, a couple that just reads, the chaotic ones that cause trouble, and the normal ones (I'm one of the normal ones).

Speaking of which, where are my friends? The front door suddenly got kicked opened. "Al! We're back! You better still be alive or I'll drag you to hell!" There they are.

Turning my head, I saw the gang walk in. Zack, the person who kicked opened the door, was the first one in, followed by Max, Harper, Nini, a tearful Liz, and Ben who silently closed the door behind him. A few were missing but they'll probably be here soon.

"There you guys are! I was so lonely. It saddens me that you guys of all people had abandoned me. I'm so heartbroken." I cried, tears in my eyes as I put a hand over my forehead and dramatically fall back onto the couch. "I was gone for two minutes, not my fault you woke up during that time."

Nini shrugged, only to get startled when a pillow hit her face. "Alex, you brat!" She threw the pillow back at me. Zack laughed, taking a seat on one of the beanbags before turning on the tv and started playing.

Ben ignored us, making his away over to the no fighting zone corner and took out a book. Paying no mind to us as he read.

Liz came running over to me and started struggling me! "Alex! I'm so sorry for not being able to help! I was so worried when they dragged you out into the woods." She sobbed in my hair, still chocked me.