16 | The Comfort In My Darkest

"But.. If we're gonna be like this, then don't we have to meet each other's parents?" Jisung said, placing the plates to the sink as he turned the faucet on.

Chan put his coffee on the table to answer;
"I guess we'll have to." He said as he stood up towards Jisung with an empty cup in hand.

"Do you think.. they'll approve of us?" Jisung said, halting his movements at his own question.

Chan placed the cup on the sink, now standing right behind Jisung.
He hugged him from the back, muttering;
"I'm sure my mom will. Dunno about your parents, though."

"..I guess. They've never cared about things like these in the first place. Though, they were acting unusual when we were sent to the principal's office for a meeting." Jisung explained.
"They usually didn't care about my life, and the way they reacted was very much off from their usual reaction." He added.

Chan sighed, holding the boy's small waist, making Jisung flinch at the touch.

He rested his chin to the crook of Jisung's neck, tightening his grip on his waist as the boy proceeded to wash the dishes.

"You live alone now, right?"

"Yeah. They give me money to spend. And I have my own card to use." Jisung said.
"But, it seems like I'm too reliant on them. I've been thinking of working part-time."

"Really?" Chan asked.
"Y'know you don't have to. It's not too bad to be reliant on your parents. You're still 17 years old. You're a minor."

"..I guess you're right." Jisung sighed.

_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_

Saturday
08:35

"You..sure they don't mind us coming?"

"Yeah. They said so themselves."

"Okay. I guess if anything goes wrong it's their fault for saying it's fine we come."

Jisung opened the doors of the mansion, and was greeted by their servants.

"Welcome back, young master." They all said in unison.

"Come." Jisung spoke as he entwined his fingers to Chan's, holding his hand tight and warm.

He pulled Chan in, and approached the butler.
"Where's mother and father?" Jisung asked.

"They are currently resting at the main living room." The butler replied.

"Thank you." Jisung gave a slight bow, and so did Chan - before they left.

"Hm..it seems the young master has.." The butler mumbled, his eyes focused at their entwined hands.
"..found his happiness, I see." The butler smiled.

~•~

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"Come in!"

Jisung turned the door knob and opened the door. He entered the room, with Chan behind him and holding his hand.

"Mother, Father, I- I have something to tell you."
Jisung spurted.

"Sit down first, son." His father spoke calmly.

Jisung and Chan did as he said, and took their seats to the couch.

"So, what did you talk about - and who is this young lad next to you?" His mother spoke as she took a sip of her lavender tea.