Chapter 7

It had been two months since that memorable dinner they shared together. Michelle and Sam, both immersed in their respective careers, managed to stay connected. Michelle consistently updated Sam about her life, and to express her affection, Michelle would frequently send bouquets of flowers to Sam's office.

In Samantha's office, the routine continued. As she engaged in a conversation with her dad, her secretary walked in, revealing a bouquet of flowers.

"Excuse me, boss. A delivery of flowers for you, boss. Your admirer is so consistent, boss," her secretary teased, and Samantha's father overheard the lighthearted exchange.

The small, thoughtful gestures created a thread of connection between Michelle and Sam, weaving through their busy lives and adding a touch of sweetness to their growing relationship.

Samantha smiled at the mention of her admirer.

"Are you going to tell me who this person is giving you flowers every day?" her Dad asked, a smile playing on his lips.

"You know her, Dad."

"Oh, it's a 'her'?" her Dad asked curiously.

"Yes, Dad."

"Then who is it?"

"Michelle," Samantha responded, smiling from ear to ear.

"I'm happy that you are happy. It shows that you like her a lot; your eyes light up when you mention her name."

"Am I that obvious, Dad?"

"Yes, you are, Honey," her Dad teased.

"So, you are together now? Tell her that I invite her to have dinner with us this weekend."

"You're not mad at me liking girls?"

"Why would I? As long as you are happy, then I am happy. As long as she will take care of you, make you happy, and treat you better, then I'm good with it."

"Thank you so much, Dad. It means a lot to me," she told her Dad while hugging him. Their conversation reflected the acceptance and love that Samantha found in her father, bringing warmth and support to her newfound connection with Michelle

"We are not yet together Dad, She is still courting me, I will told her about the dinner"

"Ah, I see. Well, take your time, my dear. I'm just glad to see you happy," her Dad reassured her, patting her on the back.

Samantha appreciated her father's understanding and support. With a grateful smile, she replied, "Thank you, Dad. I'll let her know about the dinner invitation, and we'll see where things go."

Her father nodded, expressing his approval. As Samantha continued her conversation with him, the anticipation of the upcoming dinner lingered in her mind, creating a sense of excitement for the possibility of deeper connections and shared moments with Michelle.

After the long day of work, Samantha arrived at her house, took a shower, and dressed comfortably. She decided to text Michelle.

"Dad invited us to have dinner with him this coming Saturday, are you okay with that, Dee?" Samantha sent her message.

A few seconds later, she received a response, "Yes, I will be happy to meet your Dad again."

"Great, I will informed him that you said yes to his invitation."

"Okay, can we do a video call? I need to ask something."

"Sure."

After a few seconds, Michelle's face appeared on Samantha's screen.

"Hi Deedee, how's work?"

"Exciting."

"So, what are you going to ask me?"

"Sam, can I come over? I miss seeing your gorgeous face, pretty please," Michelle told her with her adorable voice.

Samantha, feeling the warmth of Michelle's invitation, smiled and replied, "Of course, you're always welcome. I'd love to see you. Come over whenever you're ready."

Michelle's face lit up with joy on the video call. "Yay! I'll be there in a bit. Can't wait to spend time with you."

Samantha chuckled, "I can't wait either. See you soon, Deedee."

With that, they ended the call, both looking forward to the chance to enjoy each other's company.