The fear in the heart and The doubt in the mind

Start from the beginning

-time skip-

Pov: Ruby Rose

I stepped out of the auditorium and went to the balcony. Luckily no one knows about it, only she and Jaune found it by accident when they were still at Beacon Academy mostly to play video games or technically when they get into beacon Academy?

'Ugh time travel stuff is so complicated!' Ruby inwardly yelled in annoyance but she then let out a tired sigh as she just learned

As it was beginning to get dark I see the sun setting in the distance, somberly the reality of what is actually happening in front of me, me and my husband somehow reverted back into the past in to our younger selves but I have this tinge of doubt All of this can't be real that all this is just me going through my memories like life flashing before my eyes and I'm living every memory without me knowing cause maybe the moment I close my eyes or blink for a second it would show that all this is just my mind playing with me and I would wake up back at the dark place...alone, i shake my head trying my best to stop the train of thoughts and flip them upside, but what if it isn't fake, what if this is all true that the impossibility was actually given to them and that they could Change things but should they do where do they begin I could only Let out a sigh tiredly.

Pov change: no one

'Jaune was right We should have thought of a plan but no I was just not thinking ahead AND I got into an argument with Weiss of all people Ugh why do i mess up so much?' Ruby was scolding herself with then she hears footsteps going her way and she was hugged from behind as warmth was felt and she could only blush lightly and lean back comfortably with feeling her worries just melt away the comforting warmth that was comforting her, she raised her head and beautiful kind sapphire orbs looked down at her's filled with so much love and worry mixed in those beautiful ocean blues it pained her to make her love worry about her she felt guilt begin to rise up her chest as she tried to push aside the emotion.

"You know you could get in a lot of trouble right~" Ruby tried to act coy with Jaune hoping to distract herself and push away her emotions but Jaune just looked at her, the worry still evident on his face.

"Ruby? Are you ok?" he asked softly.

"Uh yeah never better, why do you ask?" she said nonchalantly but Jaune could only cutely look at her, and she imagined Jaune with wolf ears and his ears cutely drooping in worry, an anime arrow was shot and hit her heart which made her smile sadly.

"Sorry it's just i feel so confused right now" she said genuinely as she looks at the kingdom of vale in the distance with Jaune he looks off at the distance in the same direction.

"Sorry for what?" he asked, genuinely confused for what she's apologizing for.

"Because I screwed up I wasn't thinking and had an argument with Weiss and that possibly screwed things up for the future and these emotions I'm feeling just by seeing my old friends, teams, Beacon, seeing them in front of me i could feel , angry, happy, sad, relife, fear, doubt, I just feel so many sets of emotions I just feel so... i don't know, i don't feel so overwhelmed but more like... it feels like i'm being embezzled you know?" she tried her best to explain to him but she just quickly gave up on explaining, seriously embezzled? Yeah right like anyone would understand they would probably think she was a complete weirdo as she just let out a tired sigh.

"I know what you mean" he said earnestly which got a surprised look from Ruby as she turned around to look at him.

"Because one moment we are ready for our death prepared for our end and to see the people we called brothers and sisters in arms and even our family, that we saw dead, we weren't able to mourn them properly we were just trying to enjoy our final moments together... just waiting but then instead of the afterlife we woke up to the past, a possibility of changing the future but we in a way woke up in a place with strangers like they have the faces of the dead and we're just walking among them, as if they are alive and well but ...they're not the family we know with what we went through together, elation, hardships, despair, hope, and now that we are here in a relaxed environment all emotion that held back that we were pushing to the trying our best to ignore it is crashing down on us all at once almost suffocating us and we don't know how to react cause in a way that was robbed from us when seeing our once dead comrades walk amongst the living almost saying like there sacrifices were spat on and meant nothing" said Jaune with a tear threatening to fall as he tightens his fist anger at the thought, but then looks in to the distance with great determination burned in his eyes within his calm features.