Chapter 7: New pack, new threats

Comenzar desde el principio

We are taking it slow, and we haven't been intimate like that, so when he kisses me like this, everything in me ignites, and it is super challenging to hold back.

"Hhm, sorry to interrupt!" says Sapphire with a pink blush on her face.

"No problem. I got to go and meet with Louis and Mauro for a call with Marco. See you later."

"What's up?" I ask Sapphire, who looks worried.

"Can you tell me more about Marco and his plan for the pack? I am still deciding if settling with them is good for me. After two years alone, I am not sure if I want to change my ways for a pack."

For the next two hours, I shared with Sapphire how Marco became a dear friend. I told her some basics of his background because it was not my story. I also tell her about Zac, and how he will probably get obsessed with her as, by default, he will probably think she looks like Rosalyn, his lost mate.

"Oh no, please, I can't do the whole mate thing. One of the reasons I am better alone!"

"Sapphire, please tell me what you are running from?"

"Girl, don't worry. Some people are lucky, like you, to find true love, and some of us prefer not to be hurt in searching for love. Do you know what the dinner plan is for tonight?"

Yeap, there go her walls again. Just like that, Sapphire changed the subject of her past again.

+++++

Marco's POV

I am finally here. Jacob, Eloise, and their baby are doing great. Louis and Maria will be the godparents. As soon as our neighborhood is built, the baby's Moon goddess blessing ceremony will be our first official celebration.

Technically, according to tradition, when a new pack is created, the protocol requires the first ceremony to be the installation of the Alpha and his Luna. Since I lost my mate and everyone has already voted me their leader, we can skip that one.

As I talk to the new members, I hear steps running toward me. I hardly have time to turn around and open my arms to catch a running Alexandra who just jumped into my arms to hug me. This girl is special. 

"Mine!" 

"Zac, don't start. We have discussed this many times. She is human, and from the look Isaac has, she is back with him."

"Oh my God, Mr. Alpha in the flesh! I am so happy you are here. How was your trip?," says Lexi.

"All good, Nichols. I see you and Lahey are back together. You will need to bring me up to speed on that one."

"Hi, man! Good to see you!" says Isaac, giving me a pad on the back. 

Our relationship has improved in these months as I have seen him working hard with the guys to ensure the pack business is in order. Additionally, Mauro has been informing me of how he has been courting Alexandra the right way this time. 

I am glad he got his head out of his...as I was saying, all seems to be in order.

Alexandra introduces me to Phil and Martha, the therapist. 

We have vetted almost all the members, except around four people for whom we haven't found enough background information. Three guys are apparently from the same pack, and Sapphire is the girl that everyone keeps mentioning to me.

While discussing the background checks with Jacob and Louis, I smelled the most sensual and sweet scent. I start looking around until my eyes lock with a pair of light green eyes. She looks like Alexandra and has that aura that my Rosalyn used to have, but she seems fierce, like a wild animal who won't be caged.