Chapter 4: New hope!

"Alexandra, why do you think I am here? You are the only possible reason. When I found out you left, I felt lost. Didn't know what to do with myself. I figured I had to accept that you gave up on us," before Isaac could continue, I interrupted him because excuse me! Did he really tell me that!

"Isaac, you were the one who gave up on us a long time ago. You began to walk away from me for months before it was clear that I was not the one you wanted. When you were in the hospital, I went to visit you, and the truth is, if you could walk out of there safe, I didn't care what your choice was.

To my surprise, one day, I went, and you were no longer in the hospital. I went straight to Melissa's house, but you didn't go there; you went straight to Allison. I was glad you were safe, but I couldn't stay there. So, I immediately accelerated my plans and left within 48 hours."

He is now standing impossibly close to me, leaning down to get closer to my eye level. He is holding my face in his hands, and I tremble when I feel his touch, the touch I have missed so much in the past months.

"Allison was never my choice. I was so confused. I never made you feel confident about my love for you, which was my biggest mistake. On my quest to keep you safe, I hurt you. When I left the hospital, I was in a weird trance because I had been infected by some spiritual fly... it's a long story. Still, I don't even remember leaving the hospital.

All is a blur from the night I got electrocuted to the afternoon in which Deaton was pulling a fly out of my throat. After that, we were in saving Lydia mode, so it was a non-stop running around to determine where to get her. One day, Stiles showed up with a girl from Eichen House, and she told me my angel had flown away. I immediately got a bad feeling, but we still had to take care of Lydia. That night, Allison died, and then, during the final confrontation, Aiden passed. It was such a clusterfu**.

The worst was finding out that I had lost you. For the next couple of weeks, I was acting like a zombie. That's when Melissa and Chris sat me down and offered me the chance to come and look for you," said Isaac.

"Now that Allison is gone, it's easy now to say that she was not your choice. I don't want to sound like a b*tch, I am really sorry for her death, but I can't be nobody's second option. I am not a second runner-up.

When I met you, I fell for you fast and felt like I belonged in your arms, and that was my mistake. Once my world started to unravel and I had my mental crisis, I realized your arms were not there to ground me. If it wasn't Allison, it was pack business, but I was never your priority.

Frankly, I get it. We are just high schoolers. Couples at this time break up constantly, so I shouldn't have felt you were my forever place. I was just an idiot in love for the first time. Ever since the night of the eclipse, I have been working on dealing with my traumas and getting stronger. I can't risk what I have been able to build. I wouldn't survive it again. So, I am sorry, but I can't be with you now or later."

"Don't say that, please. Give me a chance. I might not deserve it, but please let me show you how much I love you. Let me show that we do have a forever together!"

"I no longer believe in fairy tales and happy endings, Isaac. The only thing I can offer is my friendship—without any benefits."

"I can do that; having you in my life in any way is better than not having you at all."

I am so weak; I should have just kicked him out. Wait, we are in his apartment, so I couldn't do that. Guess I need to wake up Phil and head to the hostel. As he could read my thoughts, Isaac opened his room.

"Don't go. You look tired. I will sleep on the couch, and you can rest in my bed."

Part of me wanted to put space between us as soon as possible, but I am exhausted now and know I need to rest. Tomorrow, the rest of my group is arriving, and I need to be able to put on my "all is good" mask if I don't want their overprotective wolves to tear Isaac to shreds.