CHAPTER ONE

ONE

ONE

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

ELENI MADDEN GREW UP IN THE CITY. New York City, to be exact. Her dad, the chief of the fire station and her Nana, a diner owner and Eleni lived in a small apartment in what she could only describe as the best neighbourhood ever. Of course, there were the thief's, and the fighters, and the men that drove her dad absolutely crazy. But this was their home, and she loved it.

That why, Eleni was currently getting dragged into the truck so she could go to the half bloods camp.

Eleni is a half blood. Meaning her father is moral, a human (in her opinion he's the strongest human who ever lived) and her mother, Hera, is a Goddess. She didn't see her mother much, as she was forbidden to see Eleni. But her mother made her presence known.

When she was younger, before she knew of her gifts, her father, Samuel, would tell her stories of her mother. How she betrayed her husband and weirdly enough her brother. Hera is jealous and often throws tantrums when things don't go her way. And one night, she went too far. She fell pregnant with Eleni and Zeus never let her see her child again. So of course, Hera had to make Zeus' children feel her pain.

Which made Eleni the camps outcast.

All she wanted to do was to get Zeus back. For not allowing her mother to see her. She feels her pain almost everyday.

"You are your mother's daughter, I'll say that much," Her Nana, Joanna, murmured.

"I am not going to the camp," Eleni growled, her eyes glowing. Her Nana chuckled.

"Don't try those mind tricks on me, young lady. You know I can verbally attack you any day of the week," Joanna said, laughing slightly. Samuel shook his head, letting go of the girl.

"I know your mother did not make this easy for you — for anyone," Samuel paused, placing a piece of rogue hair behind her pierced ear, "But this is the only place your safe. I let you stay as long as I could, baby. But it's time to go back," He finished.

Eleni had run away for the fourth time this year.

She had lived with her Nana and Dad until she was twelve. And then, was taken to the camp.

They always find her because she always goes to the same place.

Home.

"Meow"

Eleni groaned and her dad shook his head, "Bring Salem with you. At least he knows how to handle your attitude," Her dad teased.

Eleni smiled softly and hugged her dad tightly.

"I wish I could stay with you," She murmured.

"Me too,"

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Eleni arrived back at camp in record time. It was pouring it down when she got out of her dads car. He smiled and leaned over the console.

"Make me proud, Len"

She bit her lip and nodded, "I'll try,"
She watched him reverse away and let her eyes well up a little, before quickly blinking them away and walking towards the entrance. She heard something in the distance and quickly turned around, scanning her surroundings. She was just glad her dad was gone and on the road again, away from her and the Gods.

Eleni walked further into the forest and spotted three people standing there, she cautiously tip toed around branches and let out a sigh of relief when she spotted Grover, a boy from camp.

"Grover?" She questioned, and then turned the unfamiliar woman and blonde boy beside him.

"Not the best time for introductions, we need to get to camp," Grover insisted.

"There is most definitely something hungry in the forest," Eleni said, strapping her bag on tighter, her eyes beginning to glow.

"What the fu—" The blonde boy began but Grover grabbed him, running guthrie into the grass. The woman, who Eleni can only assume is the boys mother, grabbed his red coat and started waving it around as the monster appeared.

"Oh, shit," Eleni murmured, her eyes glowing still. She ran up to the woman and tried to shield her.

"You need to go, I can handle this," The woman yelled.

"You're a human. You have no gifts. You'll die," Eleni screamed.

"So be it,"

Eleni hated using this power. But she found herself in a predicament. She needed to get this monster to stop, and this was the only way.

Before Eleni could prepare herself, the monster took hold the boys mother. And before she knew it — she turned to dust.

"No!" Eleni yelled, she screamed, getting the monsters attention.

"Scratch your eyes out," She yelled, and the monster began to do it, screaming in pain. Eleni could feel herself becoming weaker.

"Fall," She yelled again.

The monster fell.

"Percy, no!" Grover yelled.

Eleni looked over and the boy had his sword out.

"Stay back!" She yelled, not using her powers, trying to gain a little strength back while the monster was down.

"He killed my mother!" Percy yelled, running straight for the beast.

Of course, the much stronger monster, flipped percy to the ground.

"I still see those eyes! Scratch them, babe," Eleni yelled, Percy army crawled to his sword.

"Now, Percy!"

He got his sword and slashed the beast to bits.

And then, he passed out.

"I'm Eleni by the way," She murmured to herself.