#13 ᰔᩚ𝙃𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙩 𝙖𝙥𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙞𝙚𝙨ᰔᩚ

Jungwon |

After that hurtful conversation, I went home crying. I didn't mean what I said—I needed Jay, and the thought of losing him was unbearable.

That night, I couldn't sleep at all. I tossed and turned, regretting the harsh words that had passed between us.

The next day at the cafeteria, I tried to put on a brave face as I sat down with Yeonjun.

"Hey, Jungwon, is everything okay?"

I forced a smile, "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just having a headache, that's all."

Yeonjun studied me for a moment. "Are you sure? If something's bothering you, you can talk to me."

"Thanks, I appreciate it. It's just stress from school and stuff."

He, however, wasn't convinced. He leaned in slightly, his eyes searching mine. "I can tell when something's not right. You can trust me."

"You know, it's just.. I have a good friend, and we had a little fight."

With a hint of mockery in his voice, he replied, "Oh, I thought you didn't have any friends?"

"Uhm... Yeah, I don't have friends at school, but.."

He scoffed, interrupting me, "And now you're being depressed because he's just an asshole?"

"Don't call him that! He's not an asshole, Yeonjun," I defended Jay.

"Well, you make it seem like he is one. Nevermind, what's his name?"

"Jay."

"And does this Jay go to our school?"

I shook my head, "No."

"How did you two meet?"

"Why do you want to know?" I asked, slightly defensive.

"I'm just curious," Yeonjun said with a casual shrug.

"Uh, through Instagram." I couldn't tell him that I almost died during my first interaction with Jay.

"I thought you didn't have Instagram because your parents forbid it?" Yeonjun's eyes narrowed.

Shit.

Caught off guard, I hesitated, "No, I... uh, do have it."

"Anyways, if he's causing you trouble, why not just unfriend him? Forget about him, Jungwon."

I frowned. "It's not that simple. He is important to me, and we've been through a lot together."

Yeonjun scoffed, "Important? It sounds like he's just dragging you down. Why bother with someone who doesn't even go to your school?"

"He's not dragging me down. And our friendship is important, no matter where he goes to school," I replied, growing frustrated with Yeonjun's attitude.

"You're wasting your time. Focus on making friends here."

"I can have friends outside of school too. It's not a crime."

He leaned forward, his tone stern, "Jungwon, I'm just trying to help you. Trust me, you're better off without that guy."

I sighed, "Jay is my friend, and I won't just forget about him, but.. I appreciate your concern."

Yeonjun rolled his eyes, "Fine, do what you want. But I'm telling you, with him you won't be happy."

The conversation left a bitter taste in my mouth. I didn't like the way Yeonjun talked about Jay, as if he knew everything about our friendship.

I couldn't shake off the feeling that Yeonjun despised Jay for some reason, and it made me quite uncomfortable.