A Fake Past

back to the main story. after fulfilling kamisato ayaka's three wishes, they managed to gain her trust.

after a short break at the kiminami restaurant, they arrived at the yashiro commission headquarters.

entering the building... dino, aether and paimon are greeted by thoma.

Thoma: this way, miss ayaka is waiting for you.

smiling, thoma gracefully escorted the trio to the meeting room where ayaka was waiting.

Paimon: oh ayaka! guess who fulfilled your wish! *giggles*

they sat down across from the white-haired girl, while thoma served them a cup of tea.

Ayaka: oh, the traveler and paimon! ah, also... *looks at the dino* h-hi there...

Dino: cheers...

the fallen angel just sat there, enjoying his cup of tea.

Aether: a-aha... you can ignore him *smiles wryly*

after that, they now got into a serious topic.

Ayaka: back on topic. since you've witnessed the suffering of those who lost their visions... traveler, what do you think?

Aether: *nod* i must say... their fate, is worse than death...

a nod from paimon, she agreed with what happened to those people.

they lost their "light", a strong emotion accumulated in one place. a vision.

Dino: that's how the world works...

dino's unexpected answer slightly surprised ayaka and aether.

Dino: as long as you're still suffering, no matter how loudly you scream for help... no one will come to your rescue, not even a god.

Ayaka: ...

Dino: this world is more rotten than you think. if you only have determination, then you'll most likely die first...

Paimon: o-oi!

the little fairy tried to stop dino from further nonsense, but ayaka didn't mind. apparently, she was curious what dino would say next.

Ayaka: then mr. dino... how can we survive this cruel world?

Dino: ...

Aether: ...

the fallen angel closed his eyes for a moment before he looked straight at ayaka, his eyes piercing her soul.

Dino: you're weak. and always will be. even if you gather force, the so-called friendship... *chuckles* no, still no.

Thoma: i'm sorry? what do you mean that lady ayaka-

Dino: yes. *turns his gaze towards thoma* you haven't felt the true meaning of losing someone... you're a human who is still bound to mortal desires. the desire for great power, and the lust for a primal temptation...

Paimon: hey cut it out! you're talking nonsense again!

Dino: you have yet to awaken the true power within you...

Aether: !?

silence washes over the room. after dino's words, no one spoke because there was nothing to talk about.

as for aether, he seemed to understand a little of what dino said.

awakening the true power.

"let your true self be reveal"