"Can't do that, my dear Star, otherwise it would be far too easy." He said with a mischievous grin and you huffed in response again before stomping your foot on the ground causing the lighter Mer to coo slightly, his anger making way for admiration at the sight of your little actions. How cute!! How was it that you kept getting cuter and cuter? Sun had no idea, but he had a feeling you would only continue to grow even cuter as time went on.

"What even is the point of it-?!" You started, exasperated before cutting yourself off with a large yawn causing both Mer to turn to you in concern, Sun only now noticing the dark bags present under your lovely, (E/c) eyes.

"Oh, Sunshine! Are you alright? Did you not sleep enough?" Sun asked worriedly as he moved to grab you, but Moon's tail got in the way, causing Sun to turn to Moon, glowering before turning back to you when you giggled softly.

"I'm fine Sun, I just stayed up all night with Moon to teach him how to read!" You said with a bright smile, but it turned apologetic at his stern gaze. "Sorry, I should've been paying more attention to time...But I'll make sure to go to bed early today! Is that okay?"

"As long as you are okay in the end, it's fine." Sun said with a soft smile and you smiled back, making that sweet, familiar fuzzy feeling fill his chest.

"Awesome! Then I'll go to bed early. Oh! But then I won't be able to spend any time with Moon!" You realized and turned to said Mer guiltily. Moon smiled at you, but Sun could see the faint twitch of annoyance on his face which made his chest swell with a pride that was alien to him.

"It's quite alright Starlight. You can just make it up to me tomorrow night." Moon said with a hum as he gently nuzzled his nose into your cheek, making you giggle again. Sun glared at his brother s his anger started to return, but he couldn't understand why he felt this way, nor why Moon seemed to be trying to keep you from him. What was going on?

"Okay then, sounds like a plan! But for now, I really need to get cleaned up, I smell like saltwater and sweat!" You said with a grimace before turning to your room and rushing inside, only to turn back to Sun before you closed the door. "Thanks for the lovely nest Puppy, looks comfy! We'll sleep there, tonight, okay?"

    Sun felt his heart flutter at your promise as you closed the door once more, sighing happily as the small worry about you liking the nest he hadn't known existed was calmed. He should've known you would like it, you liked everything about him after all! He hummed happily and was about to go into the water to swim while he waited for you when he suddenly heard someone snarl and before Sun could react Moon pounced on him, causing him to fall harshly on his back on the sand. For a moment Sun lay there, stunned before roaring in fury and shoving Moon off of him, but the darker Mer only roared in response and jumped back onto Sun, knocking the two of them into the water where they immediately started scratching and hissing at each other angrily, each doing their best to get in a hit on the other. For a few moments, they continued to brawl until Moon got a hold of Sun again and slammed him against the underwater ground of their prison, keeping a firm grip on Sun's arms as Moon glared down at his twin.

"How could you mark them?!" Moon asked angrily and for a moment Sun lay stunned once more before glaring up at Moon, his head fins lowering onto his head as he growled lowly.

"What does it matter that I did?! I didn't mean to, it-it just happened! They needed to stay by me, they needed to be close, close, close! I wasn't going to let them go! Furthermore, I'm glad I did it." Sun roared out as he stared up at his brother who stared down at him in shock, but Sun only smiled up at him darkly, feeling his chest swell as he thought of his mark which looked so lovely on your neck. "It looks lovely, a beautiful reminder that they are mine! And everyone needs to know that they're my mate!"