"Hey, hey it's ok," he murmured softly, his hand tracing calming circles on her back. "You're safe. You're safe. I've got you," he repeated in her ear. "Try to take a breath with me. Take deep breaths. You're safe."

"Tyler," she sobbed, her hands gripping onto the front of his jumpsuit. This was the most vicious anxiety attack she'd ever felt.

"Copy my breaths. Breathe with me," Tyler urged, guiding her with deliberate breaths to help her regain control. "Come on," he guided her unsteady steps out of the hovercraft, knowing she wouldn't ever be able to calm down inside.

"We need to get going. We don't have time for this," a District 13 soldier protested.

"We're not taking off until I say we are," Tyler snapped angrily as he kept his hold around Taiya. "We're not putting her back on there until she feels ok."

"I'm sorry but we need her on now, we're on a schedule," the soldier shook his head and stepped to follow them out of the hovercraft.

"Katniss!" Tyler yelled, his determination clashing with the soldier's insistence.

The younger girl answered the call of her fellow victor and stood up and raced to stand in the path of the soldier, taking a stand in Taiya's defence. If he wanted to get to them, he'd have to go through the Mockingjay, and he wasn't brave enough to do that.

"We'll wait until she's ready," Katniss asserted firmly. He could do nothing but huff and turn away. Katniss commanded too much respect as the symbol of the rebellion. This would no doubt make its way back to Coin though, and she wouldn't be too impressed with victors working together to defy her team.

"We don't have to go Tay. We can cancel the whole thing," Tyler reassured quietly. He wasn't going to pressure her into anything she didn't want to do.

"Just give me a minute," her voice shook. She was still clutching onto his uniform.

"Take your time," he continued rubbing her back. Her shaking wasn't as bad now, getting her out of the hovercraft was helpful. But the only way to get to 12 was to get back on this hovercraft.

Taiya slowly released her death grip on his jumpsuit, but she wasn't ready to fully let him go yet.

"We don't have to go, Tay," Tyler assured her again.

She lifted her head. "I want to go," she answered quietly and he didn't quite believe her.

"It'll be fine if you don't. You won't get in trouble, I promise."

"I want to get a nice dress," she shook her head. "I want a nice dress to wear at this party. For Finnick. I know he's excited about this stupid party," she pulled away and wiped under her eyes. "I want to look nice for him."

"It's not worth getting anxiety attacks though Taiya," Tyler shook his head and held onto her shoulders.

Taiya glanced over his shoulder and at the hovercraft. "I'll be ok. I just wasn't expecting to feel that way. Now I know, I can control it," she whispered, her gaze fixed on the hovercraft. She pulled one of his hands off her shoulder and threaded hers through it, clutching his hand so tightly her knuckles turned white. "Don't let go," she breathed before she took a step towards the aircraft.

Taiya's anxiety still lingered, but she felt safe with Tyler by her side. He'd never let anything happen to her.

Tyler guided Taiya to a quiet corner of the hovercraft, away from the commotion, providing her with a sense of security. Taiya still clung to his hand.

As soon as Taiya and Tyler were strapped in, the hovercraft took off.

Amidst the quiet, Tyler finally looked away from Taiya's white face and caught Katniss's gaze. The younger girl was watching them, trying to get Tyler's attention to check how she was doing. Tyler offered her a nod, silently reassuring her that Taiya was managing.