Chapter 6

"I'm not wearing that," Taiya shook her head.

"You have to," her obnoxious stylist smiled. "It's the District 4 outfit."

"No."

"Your partner will be wearing the same," the woman sighed.

"Finnick is wearing a bra made of netting?" Taiya glared.

"No," the stylist huffed. "He's just wearing the skirt."

"So you've arranged for us both to essentially be naked."

"You're not naked. You have the bra and skirt."

"The mini skirt! I won't be able to move in that thing without showing the entire of Panem my..."

"Ok," the stylist interrupted. "So just refrain from moving too much."

"I miss Tigris," Taiya sighed in frustration.

"Tigris was moved on from the Games."

"Yes. I know, but she still styled me when I was in the Capitol."

"Well, I'm your stylist this year. So if you would," she held up the net bra and mini skirt set.

Taiya sighed loudly before snatching the outfit out of her stylist's hands.

*********************

Taiya walked into the gathering area tugging at the bottom of her skirt. As she entered she heard a wolf whistle.

"Shut up," she grumbled as she walked over to District 1's chariot. "Why do you both get to look good?" she asked the siblings.

"We didn't piss off our stylist," Gloss teased. "You like my whistle?"

"Loved it," she answered sarcastically. "Made me feel really special."

"Excited to be back?" Gloss asked. Both Taiya and Cashmere just turned their heads to glare at him. "Sorry," he threw his hands up. "It's an awkward situation."

"You don't say," Taiya snorted.

"So... allies?" Gloss asked.

"I want to be," Taiya nodded. "Careers all together is the strongest team by far. It'll guarantee one of us the win. I'm not too keen on the pair from 2 though," Taiya said as she looked over at the chariot behind them.

"Neither are we," Cashmere admitted. "But it'd be dangerous to go against them. Brutus is well... a brute."

"You're hilarious," Taiya scoffed.

"So you're in?" Gloss asked.

"I can't say. I want to but... depends on what Finn wants."

"Little lover boy," Gloss teased.

"Shut up," Taiya smiled. "We have to both agree on allies."

"You sure about that?" Cashmere asked and Taiya nodded.