Timeskip/Thinking

In the meantime, 5 days have passed and I somehow couldn't stop thinking about talking to my client. Again and again I have this 20% eyesight and his younger brother in my mind. Why am I just thinking about it? Do I really feel sorry for a person I don't even know?

"Just get in touch with me if you change your mind" comes back to my mind, he gave me his business card, I remember. I shoot up in my bed in a flash. I look in the direction of my desk. "Should I really call?" I ask myself. As if my body were steering itself, I get out of my bed, move to my desk, sit on the chair in front of it, take the card in my hand and read what it says. "Oh, so your name is Night..." I murmur. His number is directly under the name, even the address is given. It's crazy that he left his personal data to a complete stranger, if you ask me. But I can benefit from it...

A quiet sigh escapes from my mouth because my thoughts circle like in a carousel. Over and over again, the words that Night said to me that day come to mind.

Should I really play the watchdog for someone? What if we don't understand each other at all? Then all the thinking I did didn't help me at all.

In the end, I decide to go from my bedroom to the kitchen. My hallway, which leads down to the stairs, so that I get into the kitchen, is decorated with pictures of motorcycles and rock musicians, such as Queen, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles or Metallica. While my eyes glide over the pictures, my thoughts are still on the same topic. But cooking my dinner should make me think differently.

When I get downstairs into the kitchen, I look into the fridge to find the right ingredients. I take out some vegetables and meat, 2 eggs in addition, which is first put on the worktop. Now the rice still has to be washed before it is put in the rice cooker. While the rice is now cooking by itself, I prepare the rest. The vegetables and meat are cut into smaller pieces, then fried in a pan and the eggs are boiled in water. Meanwhile, the rice is ready and I can prepare and enjoy my food in a few minutes.

"I'm looking forward to this meal, I couldn't get anything down all day. But now I'm very hungry." Finally everything is on my plate and I can sit comfortably in front of the TV.

So I sit down on the couch, the plate in front of me on the table, the TV is now switched on.

"Ahhhh, it smells so delicious!" the smell of the food is already great.

"And now we come to the news..." I perceive from the TV. I quickly take the remote control back in my hand and switch the Channel, because I'm not particularly interested in the News. Documentations, on the other hand, are much better, in my opinion. It is good that there is a Channel where only Documentations are running, so it is quickly switched to this one. I now bend in the direction of my plate, look at my food, with a fork and spoon in my hands. I quickly shovel something on my spoon.

"Have you ever wondered what if you suddenly go blind?" I hear coming from the TV. Quickly my eyes now fall on the screen and no longer on my food.

"This documentary is about Sun, who lost his eyesight due to an accident at the age of 12. He will tell his story and how he fought his way back to life within 5 years."

"That's not true now, is it?" Comes out of my mouth stunned, because it's not a topic I expected.

"If you are interested, watch this documentary and understand this world with new eyes."

I didn't touch my food once, but lean back on the sofa and watched the documentary in an exciting way. Now it's over and my thoughts are now even more confused than they already are. It is remarkable how the little boy at the age of 12, already had such a strong will and did not give up. 5 years later he gets along well in the world, even if it is not without help and he has a caretaker. This documentary really makes me think a lot about the situation with Night and his brother.

"He can still see 20% and is not yet completely blind. What does the world look like to him, through his eyes?" I ask myself and decide shortly afterwards to go to my bed, after the plate still full of food, is put in the fridge by myself.