Dad!Darius & Child!Reader

Person: Darius
Fandom: The Owl House
Pronouns for Y/N: They/Them
Genre: Fluff, Angst
SFW/NSFW: SFW
Warnings: Insecurities, discouragement
Authors Notes: This request is so cute!!
Posted: 25th May 2022
The requester:

Person: DariusFandom: The Owl HousePronouns for Y/N: They/ThemGenre: Fluff, AngstSFW/NSFW: SFWWarnings: Insecurities, discouragementAuthors Notes: This request is so cute!!Posted: 25th May 2022The requester:

"Ow! You said this was easy!" Y/N yells after being splat on the floor for the fifth time.

"Oh please, I learned this in seconds!"

They glared at Darius, who kept yelling sarcastic comments about their abilities.

"Well, I'm not you. I'll take however long I want." They see Darius put his hands up in defense.

Y/N groans and walks deeper into the forest, Darius on their tail.
"Oh come on, it was a joke!"
Instead of replying, they ignored him and walked deeper into the forest.

This caused Darius to start realizing what he had said previously and how it may have been discouraging to the young witch.

Y/N tries to walk faster but is stopped when Darius appears in front of them, holding their shoulder.

"Y/N. Please don't be upset, my dear. I was trying to encourage you but it seems to not have worked... I didn't mean for you to get upset by my irresponsible comments." Darius pulls the smaller witch into a gentle hug, allowing them to loosen up after it all.

"I just... wish I was as good as you are with your abominations. I always mess mine up." Y/N sighs in frustration as Darius strokes their back. He smiles a little, remembering when he was Y/N's age.

"I still remember when I was your age. I had to practice every day and I'll be honest dear, it didn't actually take me days. It took weeks, maybe even months, for me to perfect it. I was simply trying to encourage you."

Y/N gives their dad a look, knowing he wants to add a snarky comment. Darius rolls his eyes and sighs. "And I wanted you to be better than Blight's kid in that class. That stupid hack."

Y/N giggles at their dad's words, leaning on his shoulder.

"He's not half bad, you should try talking to him once in a while."
Darius backs away, slightly offended.

"So you're saying I should talk with the person I hate the most? How about you try it? It sucks."

"It was worth a shot."