Christmas Special

Start from the beginning

Pa sighed, smiling and picking up his empty plate.

"I'm gonna clean up," He said, standing up and grabbing Dad's plate," Me and your father are gonna head out for a bit in a few minutes, m'kay? Try to eat at least a couple bites."

"Gotcha."

And so their fork kept twirling in the wires, eyes staring down into the spiral forming around the nimble prongs. They sighed quietly, chest rising and falling immensely, only looking up as they heard their parents laughing and opening the door.

They watched for a second as Dad placed a small peck on Pa's cheek, standing on his toes to lean upwards slightly.

"See you in a few hours, (Y/N)."

"Don't burn the place down, please,"

"Don't worry dad, I won't even touch the toaster this time." They smiled, chuckling as they dropped their fork on the table.

(Y/N) could hear Pa laughing from outside the doorway as Dad saluted to them, soon also slipping out and shutting the door.

They immediately stood up, grabbing their plate, dumping half in the trashcan, and putting the rest down the garbage disposal. They knew they wouldn't eat it, normal food just seemed unappetizing.

They set the plate into the dishwasher, soon walking over to the table and grabbing their phone, connecting their headphones to it immediately. They opened their unnamed_music_app, but just before they pressed play on the music, an excited knock came from the door.

They sighed, jumping to their feet and leaving their phone on the couch. Their hands stretched up into the air, a pop coming from their back, a small smile coming from their face.

Their hand reached for the door, thumb twisting the lock before it slid open, revealing N who was bouncing on his toes with a huge smile.

(Y/N)'s face lit up as soon as they saw N, smile becoming wider as their eyes might as well have had stars in them.

"N! N, N, N, c'mon in! c'mon," They dragged N inside, bouncing on their heels as they grabbed his arm, closing the door quickly behind him. They wrapped their arms around him as soon as the door was closed.

"(Y/N)!" He also wrapped his arms around the worker drone, absolutely beaming," Alright, alright. So, y'know about christmas? That little human holiday?"

"Jeez, do I." They sighed, pulling away from the hug a little. "My dads' hound me about decorations each year. But, the music is pretty nice, y'know? Nostalgic and pretty. Even though its hundreds of years old," They said, chuckling soon after.

"Weeeeell," N drawled, pulling away and putting his hands on (Y/N)'s shoulders," I got christmas gifts for you and Uzi and V," His grin grew even more as he paused for a moment, tail swaying behind him rapidly," wanna help me get it all sorted out? Y'know, go over to the pod and open them all together?"

"They're both gonna hate this so much and I am so happy about it."

—————————

4 Days Before Christmas

     "Robo-god I'm so glad my dads are going out again."

     "Why are you glad about that? They seem perfectly nice!"

     N leaned against (Y/N)'s doorframe as they finished up some things in their room. His tail waved behind him slowly, nanite cartridge grazing along the floor as it did so.