34- The Bastard's Reveal

I stood next to the King and my Father, on display for the entire party to see my downfall. I plaster a smile as my Father gives his speech. My brother gives a speech then my fiancé who leaves after he's done his duty. Soon, one by one, a few more people take their turns to wish me a happy birthday, good wishes and good health.

All I can do is play my part. I've seen where the story ends and I cannot do anything right now. All I have to do is wait for the tragedy to strike. I take a deep breath as Milo finishes his speech. I'm surprised to see that a few more people speak up. The Chief of the Bulnans, Lady Warrens, Lady Horla, all the Masters, a few political partners to the Solons and lastly I see her step forward with her uncle.

Baron Nitsk stands in front of his niece. I take a deep breath as I watch them walk down the aisle to greet us. I look to Elric who is standing next to my father. As usual, there is no emotion on his face, but I know he is confused by the narrowing of his eyes. We don't know who this man is. I look to my father and he has a hard look in his eye and the vein on his forehead pops out with anger. However, to a normal person he looks composed.

"His Majesty, His Grace," The Baron bows and the young whore steps to the side. Her pink hair falls over her shoulder as she bows, but she looks only at the Duke. "I offer the best present I can give to the young lady. I present a daughter born from Duke Solon, Lady Solon's sister., Catherina Nitsk."

The entire halls gasps and gossip immediately floods the room. My smile drops and I stare down at the whore who killed me. She has a sickly sweet smile on her face as she takes a brave step forward. She kneels on a stair and looks up at my father.

"Daddy, it's been such a long time since I was able to see you. I wish to be with you as your daughter." She speaks over the crowd.

The King quickly walks to my father, grabbing his arm and they have a swift discussion. I ignore their feverish stream of nonsense from the mouths of all the nobles and look down at the lady. She turns to me and smiles, still on her knees.

"I hope we can be on friendly terms and become good sisters to each other. I've heard much of you." She gives me an innocent smile, but I know she is anything but that. I look at my brother who is frozen at this burst of news.

"Elric, Giselle, Sir Claude, Baron Nitsk and you..." My father comes back. "Follow me."

We leave the chaotic party and follow my father into a room beside the throne room. I stand behind my brother, who is feverishly walking behind our father. Sir Claude, the butler, acts as a shield and silences the Baron who tries to speak.

Once in a room, I go to stand next to Elric. We both cross our arms and look down at the lady. I watch her look at us curiously. She furrows her brow, probably confused to why we stand next to each other. Sir Claude stands next to our father who taps his foot on the floor.

"Why have you come?" Father breaks the deafening silence. "I thought I bought off your silence."

"So it's true?" Elric shouts. "You have a bastard? You cheated on my mother?"

"Son, please stop-"

"How long? Was this a one- night stand with a whore-"

"My sister was not a whore! She was in love and-

"Or did this occur as my mother died?!" Elric shouts over the Baron who tried to defend his sibling. After Elric's sentence, the Baron bit his mouth to not dig himself a grave. Elric had officially shed the mask of no emotion. He is clearly angry and upset, not bothering to hide it all. I look at my father, knowing everything. 

"I stopped our relationship ten years ago." My father admits. "She is indeed my daughter, a paternity test was conducted a long time ago. However, there was an agreement that the child would not come into the duchy. Why are you here?"