Unraveling

Opening Chants

Title card

~Teito Hotel, L's suit~

He stands scratching himself in front of the confused task force. Many gasps, "hmms", and "huhs".

Y/n walks out and smacks his head extremely gently.

Y/n: "Knock it off. You've got company."

L looks at her and points to her.

L: "Was that supposed to be gentle?"

Y/n: "Sorry."

L: [monotone] "I am L." She's never cared before.

Soichiro: "Yoriichi?!" This is him?

Matsuda: "Hmm. He's nothing like he thought I'd be."

Aizawa, Mogi, and Ukita all share looks and continue to make small noises of surprise

L: "Oh, so you know her, good." She never told him her actual name. She doesn't trust that family.

Y/n sits in front of L.

Soichiro: Hmm. [pulls out badge] "I'm Yagami, of the NPA."

The other task force members show their badges as they each introduce themselves

Matsuda: "Uh, Matsuda."

Aizawa: "I'm Aizawa."

Mogi: "Mogi."

Ukita: "Ukita."

Soichiro: "I'm very sorry we're late. Currently, the five of us are—"

L makes a finger gun and points it at the task force.

L: "Bang!"

Y/n facepalms.

Task force: "Huh?"

Matsuda: "Uh?"

Aizawa: "What the hell was that?"

L: "Hmm... If I were Kira, you'd be dead Mr. Soichiro Yagami for the NPA."

The task force members gasp

L: "Kira needs a face and a name in order to commit murder. But I'm sure you've already figured that much out, haven't you? Please, do not give out your names so carelessly. Instead, let's value our lives."

Y/n: "Actually to make it clearer he needs a first and last name."

Matsuda: "I knew that he needed a face to kill someone, but I don't remember any evidence that showed that he needed a name, too."

Soichiro: "There's no way to verify if this is related, but criminals whose names were never released publicly or whose names were spelled incorrectly in the media have not been targeted. We briefly went over it at one of our meetings."

L: "That's enough small talk for now. Come this way."

Matsuda: "Oh, uh, right."

L: "Please turn off all your cell phones, handhelds, and any other communication devices, and leave them on the table right there."

Aizawa: "What, do you think we're going to be using our cellphones during this meeting to leak information?"

Y/n: "They're annoying."

Soichiro: "It's alright. Just do as he says."

Matsuda: [as they all place their cellphones on the table] "I realize he's been cautious from the very beginning, but I still can't tell if he trusts us or not."