𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 8

Start from the beginning

A one old man with half moon shaped glasses chuckled, trimming his silvery beard as he turned to the ever so prim expressioned employee of his with intentions of starting a bet. Mcgonagall sighed as she shook her head, (but she felt a slight excitement for this year as well) and muttered a 'very well.' to Dumbledore.

"Alright, first years, if you'll follow me!" Penelope said as she led the recently sorted Ravenclaws to the Ravenclaw Tower. Everyone had settled into their dorms in no time. Athanasia had two dorm mates, although their dorm consisted of four beds. The three girls altogether decided to make the extra bed their honorary wardrobe.

There was one thing that Athanasia's dorm mates realised about her, which was that she was filthy rich. Now, dorm mate-1, Aryn Glides herself didn't come from no poor muggle family. Her father owned a very profitable mine, and her mother came from a stable and wealthy family as well. But she'd decided to gladly give up her title as being the 'rich kid' which she'd had since nursery school the moment she saw what was under Athanasia's suitcase. Her many suitcases.

Dorm mate-2, Vivienne Klein, had no words to say.

Not long after, it was already midnight. Everyone had gone to sleep, except Athanasia. It was weird going to sleep without Lily's motherly smile and warm voice being the last thing she saw and heard. She missed Lily.

'I wonder what she's doing'

clink clink clink

Athanasia's ears perked up, looking towards the source of the sound-- the window on her right. Her brows raised as she saw who it was, 'Lucas..'

What was he doing here? At this time, even?

Athanasia felt a sense of deja vu.

She quietly got up and opened the window. However, it was still barred. She looked at Lucas, who lazily gazed at her as he floated in the air in a sitting position.

"Well?" She whispered, making Lucas lean back, and put a deep sleeping charm on her two roommates. Athanasia understood that they could talk freely now.

He made a little circling movement with his finger, which formed a glittering hues of gold which glided along with his fingers-- and a letter appeared between his fingers.

He flew it to her and said in a muttering voice, "A letter from that maid of yours, Lily, was it?" He wondered for a short second, but decided that he could care less. Athanasia gave him a silent 'thank you', her lips formed a little smile as she saw Lily's familiar handwriting.

She looked back at Lucas, who was resting his chin on his hand, gazing lazily at her once again. "It came a few hours ago, thought I'd give it to you tomorrow but…" he turned to face the moon; her shine was ethereal, clouds strayed away in fear of such beauty. There, the moon stood alone, sophisticated and true. Athanasia's eyes softened at the sight.

Lucas turned to Athanasia again with a subtle smirk, "I wanted to take a walk. Thought I might as well give it to you on the way."

Athanasia's hummed quietly in understanding, her eyes fixated on the lady of the night sky who presented herself before her. "You're gonna continue your walk, then?"

"Hm? Wanna join me?"

Athanasia, in a trance, let out a lazy and exaggerated 'sure', but soon realised what Lucas had just suggested. "Wait, what?"