-Flashback- | First Impressions, in fact, definitely matters (Part 2)

Not long after their arrival, meals started coming in.

There's the famous Peking duck, followed by the signature braised tofu spinach in shimeji mushroom-oyster sauce, and the classics: sweet and sour pork, pan-fried beef cubes with black pepper sauce, stir-fried asparagus with minced garlic, crispy roasted pork belly, jellyfish in Szechuan sauce, and deep-fried baby french beans with salt and chili.

Those dishes are sublime, both families are having a lively conversation back and forth. However, the conversation quickly split up with Jeremy and Hendrik talking about the ups-and-downs of the coal trading business while the rest were talking about something else.

"Noo!" Agatha gasped.

"Oh, yes." The graceful older woman, eventually known as Christiana Dillard Bakker-Smith, said. "When he literally heard that Fendi is doing a private auction, we got the invite, and they're auctioning that cuff links, he literally told his twin sister to hop on a jet ASAP to Rome and attend the special auction so he can get it."

"Unfortunately I can't go because I have too many jobs to do," Maria Charlotte added. "He really wanted those cuff links that badly, so I commissioned two of my best employees to fly to Rome, and secure the cuff links. But the thing is, he was never interested in those things."

"Trust and believe me, I even questioned him why because he is not interested in fashion, despite having a great sense of style, and never once interested in auctions like that," Christiana noted. "At least I can see why now."

"But..." Alex tried to reason. "I never asked for those cuff links. Or the handkerchiefs, pens, and even wallets. I didn't even know those cuff links were auction material until my sister told everyone about the auction."

"I can vouch for the fact that every time he leaves the house, his go-to outfit is always t-shirts, khaki shorts and mountain sandals." Cecilia said. Agatha even nodded.

"Not all the time, guys," Alex denied the notion.

"Not this time, either," Agatha huffed. "If it weren't for our intervention, you're going downstairs meeting this family in t-shirts, khaki shorts and sandals."

"I saw him wearing khaki shorts and t-shirts all the time, after our exercise," Henry said.

"Then why and where did you get the idea of giving him gifts as a way of apology?" Maria-Charlotte asked her twin brother. "You can always improve his style after you two get married."

Alex got choked in his tea hearing that. Meanwhile, all eyes on Henry, making him uncomfortable. Alex instantly grabbed Henry's hands to assure him and calm him down, even he was curious.

"I got the idea from my group of friends and articles from the internet," he admitted, in a bit shy manner.

"What article?"

"There's an article on Robb Report last year, said that 75% of omegas are happier if they're given gifts as part of their Alpha's apology..."

"What? There's an article like that?" Alex was shocked hearing this for the first time. He looked at Henry in bewilderment. "I never heard of it before, to be honest."

"Wait. Really?" Henry asked. "You never read or heard..."

"Of course not!" Alex exclaimed. "I don't really have time to read such things!"

"Of course you don't," Cecilia snorted. "You're in your 'Artpop' era."

"'Artpop' era?"

"He's one of Lady Gaga's... what was it...? Little monsters, I think? Is that how she called her fans?"