Chapter 12

Mesmerized by her peacefulness and radiance, Tidwell opened his mouth unintendedly.

“I want to see you up close, sister.”

Her gaze and voice. He wanted to see her prideful expression and the peacefulness she brought upon a little closer.

“Why?”

At Ravia's question, Tidwell smiled softly. The answer to that question had already been found.

“…Aren't we family? Whatever the circumstances.”

It was brazen of him to say that they were family after taking Ravia's spot, but Tidwell had no other way of explaining it.

Sister. He was very happy to define Ravia with that word.

“Are you going to say that I'm shameless?”

“Honestly, I never thought about it that way.” Ravia admitted.

Of course, it was because she couldn't believe what Tidwell said. Rather than seeing her up close, he just wanted to monitor her.

'But why?'

Why did he look at her with that gaze?

Tidwell, unaware of Ravia's doubts, stood before her and leaned his upper body with the tip of his eyebrows lowered.

And he asked with his deep and muffled voice.

“Then do you hate me?”

Here she was supposed to say the opposite to lessen Tidwell's guard, but she didn't want to lie. Ravia hated Tidwell. So instead of answering, she asked back.

“Do you want me to hate you?”

“I hope not.”

Why on earth?

Ravia looked at him blankly. His blue eyes were deep. No, his eyes were persistent. He always looked at her that way.

'Was it because he lacked affection?'

In the novel, he was twisted not because he had been through so much dirty work, but because he had never been loved.

Since he was abandoned at a young age in the backstreet, he must have learned how to curse before he could even learn how to greet others properly.

The heroine's smile was so affectionate and honest that he fell in love with her helplessly several times. This was written in the book.

[Tidwell needed somebody to love]

He needed a place to relax. When he was exhausted and fed up with everything, he needed a place to lean on. He was desperate for someone who could relieve his mind when he suffered from chronic anxiety and insomnia.

He said he didn't trust people, but in fact, no one was desperate for love as much as he did.

He was truly the male lead of a dark romance novel.

'I can relate to that one thing.'

Ravia knew about the feeling of wanting to be loved better than anyone else.