Ch 1 - Beginning

Adopted.

Experimented.

Survived.

Trained.

That's my life story.

I had no choice in the matter. Who would, at that age? I certainly did not know that once I left the orphanage, I would enter that world. The raw world of surviving. Doing anything to live. There was no time for regrets. No time for thinking. It was all based on instinct. Like animals.

When I was 11, back when I was called a human, my parents were killed. An unidentified murder, not something unusual. I was not hurt during the bloodshed. It was a blur, now. That's what happens to everyone who experiences something too unrealistic for them.

----------

"Ahh!" A scream was let out.

Glass shattering was heard throughout the house. I ran down the steps, dropping my crayons everywhere.

"Mom!" I yelled.

I went down the steps as fast as my little feet would carry me. I didn't even color the other teddy bear all the way. I ran until I reach the kitchen.

"Mom!"

I looked at the sight of Mom. Glass shards scattered everywhere around her.

"Not again mom..." I huffed.

"I wasn't born perfect okay? Sometimes I drop a dish every now and then." She carefully walked around the shards, to the broom. She almost slipped onto the broken glass.

"Whoa!" She grabbed ahold of the table.

Mom was such a clumsy little lady. She was one of those cute little plump mothers who stayed at home and baked cookies. She had thick black wavy hair and a light complexion. Her big brown eyes gave her an addition to her cuteness. Even if I was 11, I still thought she was cute. She was a little round, but that made her even more huggable. I loved everything about her.

"Mom, just let me do it. Why do you think I came down?" I sighed, grabbing the broom.

"Yeah honey, just let Tryphena sweep it. You're no good at these types of things." Dad walked out from the bathroom.

Dad was a few years older than Mom, so he had a few greying hairs. But other than that, he was a hearty old man. He hated when I call him old. He had grey/brown curly hair, with a tan complexion and small green eyes. He was very tall and strong. Dependable and the best dad ever.

The stench suddenly hit me. It was the combination of air freshener trying to cover up the poop smell, but doing a horrible job. I pinched my nose and made a face.

"Yeah, well you're no good at masking that scent!" Mom pinched her nose while waving the air with the other. I gave my mom a nod in agreement, and she smiled at me.

Dad made a face at Mom, and Mom made one back. They never acted like adults. I was had to give up my free time to do chores all the time. I didn't even finish coloring. Mom and Dad were super annoying.

"Ugh. Act mature guys!" I started to sweep the glass.

"Aww, is my Teddy Bear angry?" Dad teased.

I didn't reply and threw away the last of the glass. I wanted to look mad, just for a bit. Even though I wasn't. While I put the broom and dustpan away, Dad grabbed me by the waist and hoisted me up with his strong arms.

"Dad!" I laughed.

"Teddy Bear!" He tickled me.

Mom leaned on the wall and laughed at us. After a few minutes, Dad noticed that mom wasn't being attacked. He put me down and grinned at mom while reaching for her.