ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ

Start from the beginning

Skyler gestured at their coloured drinks and the two started putting the pieces together. Instead of a regular response, the two stuttered while trying to explain. Making their case even worse. Both were too flustered by the assumption to even put together a proper sentence to deny it.

Kiley, Skyler and Nathan's faces were full of amusement, watching as the pair stumbled over their words. In the end, they gave up trying to explain and let them assume what they wanted to. "I gotta admit, I'm not surprised." Kiley mumbled under her breath but was clearly heard by the group.

Brooklyn and Isaac's eyes widened at the comment and they avoided each other's gaze. Their cheeks flushed a light tint of pink.

The awkward tension soon faded and they had an amazing time at the fair, they watched Alex's successful performance at his competition, played a few fair games - where he won her a stuffed capybara keychain and now, Isaac was pulling Brook to go on the ferris wheel.

"Come on, why don't you want to go?" He whined with a gentle pout on his face, begging her to go with him. The girl sighed, finding it hard to say no. "Isaac. I'm scared of heights." She reminded him. "What? You were like nine, I thought you got over that fear." He teased her.

"Oh, shut up." Brooklyn shook her head, a small shiver went down her spine at the thought. "Do you trust me?" He stepped an inch closer, grabbing onto her hand. "Isaac..." She knew where this was going. "Do you trust me?" He repeated with a grin on his face. "...Yes." Brook muttered, followed by a defeated sigh.

He smirked at the answer, dragging her to the ferris wheel. "I'll be right beside you the whole time." As they took their seats, Brooklyn tightly gripped on his arm as they moved up. "I won't let anything happen to you." He assured her, his arm acting like a seatbelt on her as she hugged it. A shiver went down her spine when she looked down.

"Don't look down, look at me." He said, using his free hand to make her head face him. Their faces were inches apart. Isaac gulped nervously when she held eye contact, his hand resting on her cheek. "Are you with Alex?" He asked suddenly. Brooklyn was confused at the question but answered regardless. "No, I-" That was all Isaac needed for him to get rid of the space between them.

His lips met hers in a soft, sweet kiss. It was gentle yet you could tell they both yearned for it. Isaac wanted this moment to never end, but he pulled away, letting their foreheads rest against each other. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do that." He breathed out quietly.

Her previously jagged breathing turned into a slow one, feeling comfort in his presence. As the ferris wheel let them down, he helped her off, offering a hand to her. A subconscious smile was plastered on both of their faces from the kiss.

It was getting late and they were both ready to leave. Isaac then noticed Brooklyn's limped walking. "What's wrong?" He asked, concerned. "Nothing, the boots Grace lent me are a bit painful, that's all."

His brows furrowed worriedly. He got in front of her, bending down slightly, implying that he was going to give her a piggyback ride. Brooklyn smiled at the gesture, getting on his back. She hugged his neck and laid her head on his. Isaac snaked his arms around her thighs to keep her steady. Isaac effortlessly walked her across the entire fair until they reached the car.

The rest of the night was filled with laughs and of course, the kiss never leaved either of their minds until they both fell asleep.

---

sᴀʀᴀʜ sᴘᴇᴀᴋs!

sᴏʀʀʏ ʏᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴇxᴀᴍs ᴀʀᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴏɴɢᴏɪɴɢ, ᴊᴜsᴛ ɢᴏᴛ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ʜɪsᴛᴏʀʏ, ᴄʜɪɴᴇsᴇ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇɴɢʟɪsʜ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴɪɴɢ

ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴀ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛғᴜʟ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ ғᴏʀ ɪᴛ

ᴇxᴀᴍs ᴇɴᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ᴅᴀʏs sᴏ ɪ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ & ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇ ᴀ ʟᴏᴛ sᴏᴏɴ!!!

ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴜʏs ᴛʏsᴍ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜᴘᴘᴏʀᴛ