Tag

Nathaniel quickly grabbed his hat and headed out the door, excited to meet up with his cousin Andy. The sun was shining brightly, and the neighborhood was buzzing with activity. As he walked down the familiar streets, he couldn't help but feel the warmth of the day enveloping him.

When he arrived at Andy's house, he found him waiting impatiently on the front porch.

Andy: "You took so long that I had already made three detailed plans to catch you in different ways."

Nathaniel: "Sorry, I woke up thinking it was a school day and rushed to get ready, only to find out it's Saturday," Nathaniel explained.

Andy laughed. "Something I like about you is that you stick to what you are, even if the world changes."

Nathaniel: "Is that a compliment?"

Andy: "To me, yes."

Nathaniel smiled. "Okay, dummy, let's go to the backyard! You'll be so shocked when I show you my new technique."

Andy: "We'll see about that. I won't let you win even one time!"

Running inside Andy's house, Nathaniel welcomed Andy's family, which was composed mainly of his sister and his mother. His dad was in the army and wasn't often there.

Nathaniel and Andy arrived in the backyard, eager to begin their game.

"Same rules as always - first to 5 catches wins," Andy announced.

The game was composed of three simple rules:

First, the one who catches is at the extreme opposite of the one who will be caught.

Second, if the player who will be caught touches the fence, they win. The same applies to the catcher if they touch the person.

Third, no injuries; if so, the player in question has to remain still for 2 seconds.

Nathaniel set his feet, carefully watching Andy across the yard. I've got to be unpredictable, he thought. Fool him into thinking I'll go left, then dash right at the last second.

Andy narrowed his eyes, tracking Nathaniel's subtle shifts in stance. He always fakes one way, then spins the other. Not this time!

After some seconds, both of them ran as fast as they could. Nathaniel feinted left, and Andy sprang that way, only to see his cousin juke right at the last millisecond. Cursing under his breath, Andy pivoted and sprinted after him with everything he had. But Nathaniel was fast - he pulled ahead, closing in on the safety of the fence.

No! Andy forced more speed from his tired legs. If he could just get within arm's reach...

But in a last effort, Andy gave all the energy he had and touched Nathaniel before he caught the fence.

Nathaniel: "Ah, so close!"

Andy: "You see, you're no match for me."

Both of them were sweating and lying on the grass to retrieve some energy.

Nathaniel: "Another round?"

Andy: "No, I'm burning inside."

Nathaniel: "So let's take a snack."

Andy: "Okay."

After some minutes, both of them got up and walked inside Andy's house when they saw his mom.

Gabriella: "I see that both of you are starving," seeing their eyes.

Nathaniel and Andy: "You can't even imagine."

Gabriella: "How's my sister, Nath?"

Nathaniel: "She's fine, but if Kevin goes into his energetic mode, my dad and I get all of her frustration."

Gabriella laughed: "Like me when we were younger."

Suddenly, the phone rang.

Gabrielle stood up and went to it.

Gabrielle: "Yes, who is there? Yes, he's here. Haha, okay, I'll tell him. Bye."

After placing it down, she said, "Nath, your mom wants you to go home. She said it's getting late."

Nathaniel: "Already?" He checked the clock. "Oh, the time flew away like water."

Searching for his hat, he said his goodbyes to his cousin and walked to his home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes this is pretty long but here i have so many thing to tell

let me know your impression in the comment