Sixteen

Kai,

Gage asks me if I want to call Kai back or if he should continue telling her that I'm still sleeping. I can sense his frustration, but I couldn't care less at this point. Gage doesn't understand the situation I'm dealing with right now. I'm doing my best to handle all of this, so I don't take it out on Kai. It's not her fault that her deranged teacher developed an obsession with her, kidnapped her twice, or that I had to run away from him and ended up getting shot in the process. She never asked for any of this, but I still find myself partially blaming her. That's why I want to clear my head before seeing her again.
"Just let her know I'm still asleep, Gage."
"For how long are you going to keep avoiding her, Kai?"
"Until I'm out of this bed. Is that what you want to hear, Gage? Just go back to your friends and girlfriend and leave me alone for now, okay?"
"No, idiot, it's not okay because that's not how brothers should act. I won't leave you here to wallow in self-pity. So, get yourself up and we're going outside for some fresh air," I say firmly to my younger brother, forcing a smile.
Gage assists me in getting dressed and into the wheelchair, and we head outside. It becomes clear to me why he insisted on bringing me out here.
"Stella," I mutter, frustrated. "Gage, I told you I didn't want to see her like this."
"You can tell her that yourself," Gage growls.
Stella approaches with a warm smile on her face, hiding something behind her back. "You're looking good," she says, and I struggle to hold back my anger.
"Hey, Stella," I greeted her, hugging her back. "What are you doing here?"
"I came to see you," she replies, confusion evident on her face. "You've been asleep for so long, and I asked Gage to bring you outside so we could spend some time together away from the hospital room. But I guess you haven't been sleeping, have you, Kai? You just didn't want to see me. I feel stupid... I'm sorry, Kai. If you had answered any of my calls, we could have avoided all this. Let me know when you're ready to see me or if you ever want to see me again. I'm sorry for wasting your time, Kai," Stella says, her voice breaking with sobs.
Damn it! I'm such an asshole.
I reach out and catch hold of Stella's arm, preventing her from moving too far away. "Stella, my love, I apologize. I don't intend to distance myself from you, but I'm going through a difficult time and I fear I might unintentionally hurt you."
"Out of all people, I comprehend that, Kai. So whenever you feel ready, just inform me, and I'll be here for you."
🙈🙉🙊
I maneuver my wheelchair back into my hospital room, and as soon as the door shuts, I unleash my frustration on my brother.
"Gage, for God's sake, I just need some time alone. Please respect my wishes and don't bring her here."
"Sorry, bro. It won't happen again, alright? I'll let you rest, and I'll be back tomorrow morning for therapy."
"Oh, great."
My brother rolls his eyes at me while making his way out.
And I understand... I'm behaving like a spoiled brat right now, but damn, I'm scared. What will become of me? What if I never regain the ability to walk? Then what? Will Stella still want me? Will I still want her?"
I must have drifted off to sleep because I find myself dreaming about Stella and our past. Is it possible to go back? Would she still choose to marry me despite my recent behavior? I sincerely hope so.
🙈🙉🙊
The following day, I woke up to find my brother, along with his friends Korey and Kasey, gathered around my bed, eagerly awaiting my rise so that we could commence our physical therapy. After fully rousing myself and getting dressed, I make my way to my wheelchair, and together we make our way down to the therapy room, where a man awaits my arrival.
"We will begin with the walker. If you can manage it for a few days, then we can progress to a cane. Once you feel comfortable with the cane, you will be free to leave," the therapist explains.
"Do you think we can accomplish this within a week?" I inquire.
"That depends on you and your body, my friend," he responds.
With the assistance of my companions, I am lifted out of my wheelchair and guided towards the walker. However, as I attempt to grasp it, my legs give way beneath me.
Swiftly, the guys catch me before I can fall.
"Frustrating!" I exclaim in annoyance. "I fear my legs will never cooperate."
"I understand your frustration, young man, but have faith. You will succeed, but it is crucial to remain calm," the therapist advises.
"Yes, sir, I comprehend," I reply, taking a deep breath and making another attempt. As I focus on aligning my legs, I discover that walking with the walker is not as difficult as I initially thought. Perhaps I can achieve this and, with any luck, be discharged in time for Stella's graduation.
After spending a few more hours with the walker, I return to my room and realize that I have made progress. I am now able to walk with the walker for a couple of days. The next step is to continue walking with the walker in the hallway and therapy room for a few more days before transitioning to using a cane.
Feeling exhausted, I climb into bed and check my phone. I find a few messages from Stella that evoke both happiness and sadness within me. I take the time to read through them and then respond with a text.
Kai: I love you, baby.
As fatigue sets in, I close my eyes in an attempt to rest. However, my mind is plagued by the memory of that despicable person shooting Stella in the chest. The image fills me with anguish, and I instinctively hit the bed with my fist several times.
Realizing that I need to move forward and not let this tragedy consume my life, I make a firm decision. I refuse to allow it to define me as a worthless individual. I want to overcome this and become a better person for Stella. I am determined to work harder and push through the pain.
Today is Stella's graduation day, and I haven't seen her since she visited me in the hospital. I want to surprise her by attending her graduation ceremony. Although she hasn't revealed her college plans yet, I know she has a full scholarship, and I couldn't be prouder. No matter where she decides to go, I will be there to support her. We will navigate our relationship together.
"Hey Kai, are you ready?" Gage asks as he enters my apartment. Thankfully, it's on the ground floor, making it easier for me to come and go with my cane. I've been making good progress with it, and my therapist believes I'll be able to walk without it in a month or two.
"Yeah, let's hit the road. Stella still has no idea I'm coming, right?" I inquire.
"No, she still thinks you're angry with her and never want to see her again," Gage replies sharply.
"Where are you headed?" Gage asks curiously.
"To my truck," I inform him.
"No, you can't drive," Gage asserts.
"The hell I can't," I retort, making my way to my truck and getting in.
Gage shakes his head and reluctantly joins me in the passenger seat. "Dude, you're not fine. Let me drive, seriously."
"Fine, but it's your responsibility to find your way back to get your Jeep. Tonight, I'm taking Stella somewhere special, just the two of us," I state firmly.
"Got it, I'll stay right behind you and make sure you don't go too fast," Gage assures me.
"Sure thing, dad," I tease, flashing a smile at my younger brother.
🙈🙉🙊
Gage and I reach the Savage's residence, where he guides me to the kitchen. I patiently wait there, hoping to surprise her. I worry that she might be upset with me because her family has convinced her that I won't show up. As I wait in her parents' kitchen, I anticipate her and Dakoda coming downstairs to get ready. Her father informs them that he wants to take some pictures of them. I overhear her asking her mother if I have arrived, but her mother shakes her head no. However, when she turns around and spots me, tears well up in her eyes and she rushes towards me, embracing me tightly. "Oh, Kai, you made it! Wait, are you walking? Oh my goodness, look at you, Kai."
"Hush, my love. We can discuss that later. For now, let's take a few pictures and then head out for your graduation."
She smiles at me. "Hmm, I love you too, Kai."
🙈🙉🙊
We arrived at the school, with Stella and her friends heading to the cafeteria while the rest of us made our way to the football field. Stella's dad took the opportunity to ask me how I was feeling now that I was out of the hospital and back at home.
"It feels great, sir. I feel like I'm healing much better being in my own place rather than the hospital. Plus, I needed to get out of there so I could spend some quality time with Stella before she moves on with someone else."
"If you truly believe that, then you don't know Stella as well as you think," he replied.
"Sorry, that was just a joke, a bad one at that," I quickly apologized.
Our conversation came to a halt as the students began to leave the cafeteria and make their way to their seats on the field. The principal then approached the makeshift stage.
Within thirty minutes, everything was finished, and we were all heading to a beach party. Personally, I just wanted to take Stella home, but she insisted on hanging out with her friends and sister. Who was I to deny her that?
We arrived at the beach, and I managed to convince Stella to explore a cave with me. Tonight, Stella was really letting loose, and I found myself enjoying this side of her.
"Let's go home, baby," I whispered in her ear. I desired her so intensely, but I knew that I wouldn't be able to act on it in this setting. My body wouldn't allow me to do what I wanted.
"Okay," she smiled back at me.
🙈🙉🙊
I undressed Stella and gently placed her on the bed, removing my own clothes shortly after. I lay down beside her, caressing her body with my hands. Leaning on my elbow, I tenderly kissed her lips, neck, and collarbone, gradually moving down to her breast. Alternating between each nipple, I pleasured her with my mouth while stimulating her clit with my fingers. As she approached orgasm, her face flushed and her legs tensed. Sensing her nearing climax, I withdrew my fingers and replaced them with my tongue, causing her to cry out my name a minute later. I continued to lick her clit until she gradually came down from her intense pleasure.
Standing between her legs, I positioned myself at her entrance. To my surprise, she eagerly pushed herself down, allowing me to effortlessly slide inside her. Overwhelmed by the incredible sensation, I moaned her name, unable to contain my pleasure.
"Stella, I won't last long this time because it's been so long since I've been with you," I confessed, my voice filled with desire.
"I'm okay with that, Kai. Make love to me passionately and intensely," she responded, her words causing her cheeks to redden like an apple.
"That's my naughty girl," I playfully teased.
"Kai!"
I remained silent, allowing my actions to speak louder than words. I poured my love into her, both of us losing ourselves in the moment once again.
"Stella, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?" I exclaimed, overwhelmed by my emotions.

@Crystalsteadman 2023