𝘛𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘋𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘬

Start from the beginning

"Can we just forget about the song? Enough about the song," Derek said. He saw the grin on Beth's face. "Don't even think about it Bethany."

"What? You wrote her her own love song and you sang it to her at the wedding," Naomi said.

Derek shook his head. "Mark wrote it or Sam ... somebody. I don't remember who it was," he told her.

Naomi nodded. "I do. I do. I was drunk at the time, but I remember, and I remember thinking you guys were gonna last forever, that we were all gonna last forever," she said.

"Yeah."

"You should call sam. He misses you," Naomi said as she looked to Derek.

"Yeah."

****

Naomi and Archer were singing Derek's song. Grace was sitting in the room too.

"Our eyes met over the cadaver and I knew I had to have her, what was the next line?" Archer said.

Mark walked in with Beth behind him. Mark instantly recognised the song.

Addison rolled her eyes. "Can we talk about something else?" She said.

"Had his mitral valve grown too thick? Is that what made our cadaver so sick?"

Mark grinned as he stood by Beth. "Greatest love song of all time. Did you guys get to the part where Derek rhymes "gross anatomy class" with "Addison's fine ass"? 'Cause I wrote that line," he said as Bella elbowed him. He saw Meredith. "Oh, my bad."

Meredith shook her head and smiled. "No, no, it's fine. I, uh ... I think it sounds like a fine song," she said. She saw the look Beth was giving her. "I'm okay," she mouthed.

"Archie, I heard you were gonna let Derek remove those little suckers from your brain," he said.

"Maybe."

"he is," Naomi said.

Archer shrugged as he looked to them. "I hate surgery, especially brain surgery," he said.

Mark nodded. "Yeah. Being a neurologist, you probably see a lot of patients post-op who are just, you know, scrambled eggs up there..."

Addison shook her head. "Okay, you know what, ark? You're not helping right now. We're sitting here trying to convince him that surgery is ..."

Derek walked in. "Is not an option. According to these scans, the single cyst that you had in your last C.T. Has now multiplied by eight, all clogging the third ventricle. There's no way I can surgically navigate through a mess like that without rupturing one," he told them.

"So what does that mean?" Addison asked. Not wanting to think about what was going to happen to her bother.

Archer smiled to his sister. "You're in a room full of doctors, Addison, who are all being very quiet right now. I'm gonna die. That's what it means," he said.

****

Beth was stood with Mark as Lexie ran over. Mark had his hands discreetly rested on Beth's back.

Lexie smiled. "Find Dr. Sloan."He's your patient. Ask him his symptoms. Diagnose him correctly to receive your next challenge." What are your symptoms?" She asked.

Mark turned to Beth and smirked. "Well, right now I'm battling a rapid heart rate. I'm also feeling a little flushed. I don't even want to mention what's going on below the belt," he said.

Beth rolled her eyes. She shook her head. "Behave. There's an intern here who doesn't need to report you for inappropriate conduct," she said.

Lexie nodded. "Yeah. What she said. Can you please tells me your symptoms so I can concentrate?" She asked.