Chapter 3, Kiara

Começar do início

ᴼ ᴼ ᴼ

Why can't this eyeliner ever be perfect! And my dress it's all crumbled. My hair is a piece of shit. I'm not going tonight.

"EVERYBODY! WE LEAVE IN 5" shouted Raghav.

God he is so loud I could hear it from my room. Literally I have never looked twice in the mirror before hanging out with the boys. Why is it bothering me so much today!

"Can you just zip me up?" said Lara's voice.

I zip her up and gosh she looks perfect in that dress. She is the kind of person who is literally always perfectly dressed for any occasion.

"Aren't you a little overdressed for clubbing?" she said sarcastically.

"Haha, very funny. I'm not going tonight. I literally have nothing good enough for today" I said frustratingly.

"Oh shut up and wear something from mine" she added.

I refused. I can never look good in her clothes. My insecurities are coming up again, today, after 6 months.

ᴼ ᴼ ᴼ

"Lara I just cannot take my eyes of you. You look like a beautiful swan in that white dress" said Akash as Lara and I made our way down.

"Thanks, I guess" added Lara awkwardly.

Neil coughed hard "we should go"

"But where is Josh?" asked Lara

"Here I'm dear lady" Said Josh's voice immediately.

He turns towards me and smiles I immediately look away.

Why would I do that?

Lara pulls him by his hand towards the car and Akash rushes behind them followed by a highly irritated Neil while Raghav and Krish were already waiting in the car. After everybody was out I lock the door and decide to sit next to the driver's seat while all this drama continues in the back.

ᴼ ᴼ ᴼ

I was so right when I decided not to come today. I'm getting bored to death. Everybody is busy in their own stuffs. Krish and Raghav managed to find 'out of their league' kind of hot chicks. Lara was busy with Josh and Akash was busy roaming around her. I don't really want to join those three. Neil is also sitting alone but doesn't seem to be in a good mood so I prefer sitting alone.

"What can I get you Ma'am?" asked the bartender.

"Just a beer please."

He gets me the beer and I sip a lot at once. I look towards Josh and Lara. Both of them looked so good that most of the people were checking them out at least once.

"How dare you do that you slut"

I can hear the bartender shouting at his colleague through the loud music.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to" added a female voice.

"Of course you didn't you dumb fat bimbo" said the bartender.

I could feel my blood boiling, my grip tightening. I was breathing heavily.

No not this time. That's none of my business. But-

And there he slapped her.

I threw my beer bottle and grabbed the bartender by his collar across the bar table.

"HOW FUCKING DARE YOU SLAP HER" I shouted, shaking uncontrollably with anger.

"You ugly piece of dog shit, you calling her ugly, slapping her. You're lucky she is not me, I would have fucking killed you."

"HOW DARE YOU SON OF A BITCH"

The music stopped. My voice echoed the entire place.

I leave his collar realising what I've done. I look around and the first thing that comes to my view is the face of Josh again. Everything suddenly starts to blur out. I was on the verge of fainting. The ground beneath me was suddenly slipping away. Everything was silent, only a faint voice calling my name.

"KIARA, KIARA" I heard Krish's voice. He shook my shoulders while calling my name.

I come to my senses. I look at Krish looking worried and without thinking anything I run away from there into the washroom.

I could feel tears coming out of my eyes, and the next moment I was on the floor crying my heart out.

What I said to the bartender, that I would have fought against his insults, I'm not sure if it was true.