_ ''Ooh mom''. I wrapped my arms around her and squeezed her body to me with all the force I have, and she hugged me as tightly until I couldn't breathe.

_ ''it's time.'' My dad peered his head through the doorway, he smiled at us, I let go of mom, and got out of the house, I took a deep breath, Kayla was leaning against the wall with her best friend Aeliyah that I hate as much as I hate my sister, she looked at me, and took my hand in hers.

_ ''I'm going to miss you little sister.'' She smiled the fakest smiles I've ever seen in my life. ''Take care of mom and dad for me, key?''

_ ''We would wave at you from the back of our dragon, don't worry.'' Laughed Aeliyah. For someone who didn't know better they'd think she was just joking, but I knew better, she was making fun of me.

I looked at her, and remembered the words her and my sister told me yesterday, they stormed into my room while I was in the middle of choosing the book I was going to bring with me if I was chosen, they laughed at me when they saw the pile of books on my bed and the bag on the foot of it already full of my clothes.

_ ''you're seriously preparing your bag for tomorrow?'' Aeliya let out a mocking laugh.

_ ''let her dream Aeliya, this is the only exiting thing for her outside her books, the poor girl.''

No dragon is going to chose you.

You're weak.

Do you think with this height you'd be able to keep your seat on a dragon?

You're weak.

You don't even live in real world, you live only in you head and your books.

You're weak.

You're too much of a coward to see what's out there.

You're weak.

I shake my head, trying to forget, trying to believe in myself, suddenly a big roars echoed in every corner of oathdow, I got full body chills by only hearing it, how am I going stand before him.

_ ''come on we are already late.'' My dad wrapped his arms around mom shoulder and started walking toward the centre of the village where there's an enormous empty field so the dragons could land on it without struggle, arriving there it was already full, every civilians in oathdow is here, we are nearly four thousands peoples, and three thousands of them are going to stand in the line waiting the master of dragons to decide their faith, everyone started hugging each other, there were people crying, there were people smiling, there were people trembling, I hugged some of them, I reassured some of them, I kissed Syha on the cheek who was sobbing, she's Arshad's grandmother, I don't think she can survive a week without him, I hope she would be okay I'll make sure of it, I hugged her as tightly as I hugged mom earlier and that's when I heard footsteps behind me, and I knew without turning around who was it, I let go of Syhel before I felt a hot breath against my neck, he was close enough that I could feel the heat of his body all around me.

_ ''why do you smell like lavender today Idrees ?''

I really am going to kill him

I turned around, and my head nearly collided with his chest, I tilted my chin up, so my brown eyes could meet his midnight blue ones, urgh, it should've been illegal to be that attractive, he had dark black hair, sharp jaw, pointed chin, thick laches, he even had some freckles on his cheek, and don't even let me start with his body, the training did him good, really good, urgh.

I shoot him, the most menacing glare I could muster; he smirked at me in response, I honestly want to punch him.

_ ''Who do you think is going to get the bigger dragon? Hein, you or me?'' He raised his eyebrows.