Levi stood frozen in his place as he saw the dirty blond standing a few feet away from him.

He basically towered over him, even more than everyone else, which kind of scared him. Even if he wouldn't admit it.

Suddenly, he felt exposed.

What with all the staring and scanning Isaac was doing to his body.

Who wouldn't?

"Can I- uh," his voice was hoarse from crying the entire night, so he cleared his throat hoping it would get better. "Can I help you?"

Isaac's lips were painted into a frown.

A concerned frown.

He could feel it from a mile away.

"You know, a lot of people try to cover their bruises. I never did. I guess it was my way of asking for help..." Isaac's eyes were sad as he spoke, but they remained on the shorter teen in front of him who had gained a look of realisation. "But, I'm sure you know by now that Beacon Hills isn't very well known for its caring attitude."

Levi lowered his gaze to the ground, not sure what to say.

He bit on his burst lip, hissing quietly at the pain.

But of course, Isaac heard it.

"Do you, do you have... Any others? Did you clean them?"

It was weird seeing the taller boy like this.

So caring.

So worried.

So... Timid.

To Isaac, Levi was his younger self. Despite the fact that they were the same age. Maybe even him only a few weeks ago before his dad was murdered.

Afraid to tell anyone.

Hiding how much it hurt.

Weighing up his options, Levi figured that he wouldn't get out of the classroom without giving some answers.

"Some on my back that I couldn't reach, but they'll be fine. They heal. They always do."

Shit.

Why'd you go and say that?

Now he knows it's not the first time it happened.

Although deep down, he already knew Isaac knew.

"They could get infected. You don't want that. Especially not at a time like this. You know... In case the Kanima comes."

Levi blinked.

Why did he care so much?

Had Derek put him up to it?

Did he want something in return?

"I just want to help. No one ever helped me when I needed it."

Slowly and hesitantly, the Powis teen nodded and stepped forward, turning around so he faced the empty class full of desks and chairs.

Isaac smiled to himself, taking out a small first aid kit he had in his bag.

He forgot to take it out after getting bit, assuming he'd never need it again, but he was glad he forgot now.

He placed his fingers on Levi's shirt, feeling him tense at the touch causing him to retract.

"Can I?"

"Y-yeah."

Slower this time, Isaac brought his shirt up, eyes instantly taking in every slash on his back.