Which makes planning my build ahead of time even more important.

I have four points and those have to go into Momentum. The one after that has to be At it all day. Then, one point in Bob and Weave as well as Hit and Run makes sense. It boosts my base defense and offense capabilities.

But then, I have to put the next four points in At it all Day so I can take Sprinting Step.

After that... I'm not sure. Increasing At it all Day and Sprinting Step feel like my best choice, boosts my traveling capabilities. But is there a point where is won't be worthwhile anymore? And that's eight level away. Who knows where I'll be by then. I'll probably be back home. Gaining levels isn't quick.

I write Launching Stride and Rebounding leap under Sprinting Step with question marks. I mean, where ever I am by then, I'll deserve a treat, right? I put the page into the journal, then send that and the stylus into my inventory.

I swipe the windows away and invest my four points into Momentum, then consider my attributes.

I want to increase my strength. Being human average isn't great. With the three points I have, I could get it to thirteen, which would move me to the next inventory tier, and five extra slots. There would also be an increase in my damage, but nothing significant.

But with the traveling I'm doing, it makes sense to boost my endurance and increase my stamina. And it comes with an increase in my damage soak, so it helps my fighting too. But, that goes up each level through my class, so doesn't it make it redundant to put more points there?

Fuck, why is this so hard?

Split the difference? Two in endurance and one in strength? Only what's the point of putting anything there and not enough to get the extra slots? I kept bitching about not having enough inventory space, wasn't I? Even with the packs and backpack, my personal inventory is the only one that can hold two stacks per. More stuff is always better, isn't it?

My pained groan has a woman look in my direction and offers a sympathetic smile.

I guess I'm not the only one suffering through this.

Of course, now I have to wonder when I turned into such a hoarder. It's not like I'm going out there to pile stuff in my inventory. The goal is to deliver the letter and come home. That means focusing on traveling. Which means Endurance gets it.

Or, I could wait until I need to raise a stat.

I push away from the table angrily. It's not like I need to be here to deal with that. I have my abilities lined up for my build and the skills I wanted. The attribute points I can take care of anytime I want.

I stretch. Okay, how long have I been sitting here?

Making my way down the stair I spot the lupine guard who helped me and head in her direction. Her ears turn before her head, then she smiles at me.

"Were you able to get the skills you wanted?"

"I did, and I was able to line up my abilities. I just wish my attributes were easier to deal with. I want more points so I can put them everywhere."

She chuckles. "That's where the attribute training skills come in."

"I guess." I run a hand over my face. "Do you know where I can get repair kits for leather armor?"

"Any leathershop will have those."

"Sorry, I mean the magical kind. Dealing with all that," I motion behind me, "has my brain on the fritz."

She chuckles. "You might be able to find one in a leathershop, but your best bet would be an adventurer's store."

"Where can I find one of them?"