Jealousy jealousy

Start from the beginning

"One more week."

Evangeline watched as Grover's hope burst right before her eyes. "What? But sir! That's impossible!"

"One more week, Master Underwood. And then, if you cannot prove your claims, it will be time for you to pursue another career. Something to suit your dramatic talents. puppet theatre, perhaps. Or tap dancing."

"But, sir, I-I can't lose my searcher's license. My whole life-"

"This meeting of the council is adjourned," Silenus said. "And now, let us enjoy our noonday meal!"

The old satyr clapped his hands and nymphs melted out of the trees with platters of vegetables, fruits, tin cans, and other goat delicacies. The circle of satyrs broke and changed for the food. Evangeline watched the satyrs push each other out of the way.

Grover walked over dejectedly. "Hi, Percy," he mumbled. "Hey, Evangeline." Grover wouldn't even look up from the ground. "That went well, huh?"

"Those old goats!" Juniper said.  "Oh, Grover, they don't know how hard you've tried!"

"There is another option," Clarisse said darkly.

"No. No." The tree nymph shook her head. "Grover, I won't let you."

His face was ashen. "I-I'll have to think about it. But we don't even know where to look."

"What are you talking about?" The boy asked.

In the distance, the conch horn sounded.

The blonde pursed her lips. "We'll fill you in later, Percy. We'd better get back to our cabins. Inspecting is starting."

Every afternoon there was a cabin inspection. And Evangeline wasn't very fond of it. Even when it was her time to do cabin inspections. Every afternoon, one of the senior counselors would go around with a papyrus scroll checklist. The best cabin got the first shower hour, which meant hot water was guaranteed. The worst cabin got kitchen patrol after dinner.

Evangeline returned back to Cabin Eleven to find the Stolls staring at her bunk with something in their hands. The brothers quickly hid something behind their backs when they saw her.

As she closed the door. She furrowed her eyebrows. "What are you two doing?"

Travis smiled. "We are redecorating your stuff."

"Call it interior designing," Conner said.

She shot them a look and stretched out her neck to get a look at what they were hiding. "What is that?"

"What's what?" Conner asked innocently.

"The pink stuff..." her eyes widened as she realized what they were doing. "You're trying to paint my stuff pink?"

"No," They shook their heads. "We're just giving our favorite emo kid a barbie dream house."

Evangeline was sitting by the canoe lake when all of a sudden she heard someone call. "Pretty girl!"

She turned around and saw Tyson making his way towards her when the Cyclops came in range he scooped her up and locked her in a bone-crushing hug. "I missed you!" He exclaimed.

"I missed you too." She managed as Tyson was slowly cutting off her blood circulation. Percy and Annabeth came running over. "Tyson put her down," Percy told him.

Tyson gently put her down as she caught her breath when she finally did she gave Tyson a small pat on his arm.  Grover on the other hand was nowhere to be found. Evangeline wondered where he might have gone off to.