Chapter 10

After a few rings, he answered, quietly.

“Hey, where are you?” I asked him.

“I’m at home, my parents are in some argument and basically won’t take me. So, I need a ride. “ He explained.

“Ok, If I can get a car, I’ll be over there soon. Be ready.” I told him, hanging up. I walked up to the stage, tossing Ross his phone, and walking up to Mark, explaining it to him. He had other things to do, so he couldn’t leave, but I somehow convinced him to let me take the van. I went over and explained everything to the band and they all nodded their approval and went back to practicing, all except Ross.

“Ry!” He called to his little brother, who was sitting down a little ways away. “Go with her?” He asked, and Ryland nodded, grabbing his phone and walking out with me. I gave Ross a dirty look and walked towards the parking lot. Once in the car and driving towards Ratliff’s, we cranked up the music and laughed the whole way there. When we got there, Ry went up to the door to get him, and I waited, pulling out my phone and checking my texts. I sighed, still nothing from my mom. Ell came out to the car and threw his stuff into the back and I drove out, back towards the church. We got there and I climbed out to help with his stuff, before getting shooed away by both the boys, told that they’ve got it. I chuckled, grabbing the keys and going inside.

I sat down in my seat and waited. Soon, the service started, they played the music, and sat down to listen to the sermon. I was in between Ross and Riker, trying to focus while sitting next to someone I was still mad at. The worst part was that he didn’t even realize I was mad. He just kept smiling at me, especially when he was singing. Soon it was over and they started packing everything up. Then we realized it. There wouldn’t be nearly enough room to fit everyone, and the instruments. Somehow, Ross and I got volunteered to walk home, since it wasn’t that far. We nodded and they drove off, leaving me alone with the guy I was mad at, but didn’t want to be.

After we made it out of the parking lot, Ross was finally noticing that I was annoyed with him. He stopped, grabbed my arm and turned me to face him.

“Okay, what’s up with you? You’ve seemed pissed at me since we got here and  I don’t get it.” He said, throwing his hands up in frustration. I crossed my arms and looked down at my shoes, slightly ashamed about making this a big deal, but quickly got over it.

“Because you treat me like a baby! I could have drive like 5 minutes on my own and been fine! You didn’t need to send your baby brother to babysit!” I said, slightly yelling, at Ross. I walked forwards a little ways after Ross just looked away without speaking. I was about a foot away from him when he finally realized it.

“Wait!” He called, running after me and spinning me around to face him. “Don’t you get it? There’s a reason I do this, okay? I can’t help it.” He said, sighing and running his fingers through his hair. I crossed my arms across my  chest.

“What is it then?” I asked, frustrated with the boy in front of me.

“What?” He asked, snapping his head up and looking at me, surprised.

“What is your reason?” I repeated. He sighed.

“I don’t know! I don’t know why I do this, I care about you. A lot. Okay? I said it. “ He said, throwing his hands up and starting to walk away. I went after him.

“You care about me? That’s really the best you can do?!?! Geez. Why can’t guys just say it? If you like me, say it. If you don’t then tell me! I’m so tired of waiting for guys who-“ I was cut off mid sentence by Ross, stepping forward and cupping my face in his hands, and leaning in and kissing me. Shocked, it took me a moment to react, but after a few moments he broke the kiss to breathe. We stayed like this for a while, close together, his hands still on my face and mine around his neck, just staring at each other.

“Okay?” He asked, releasing me and stepping back, grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers as we continued down the street. I laughed and nodded my approval to his cheesy move. Soon, we were at his house again, and the whole family (and Ellington) were in the yard, getting ready to play football.

“It’s about time!” Riker called, tossing Ross a flag.

“OOOO looks like something went down…” Rydel called as she walked over, looking down at our hands. We quickly separated, blushing, as I went to sit next to Stormie and Ross got into the game. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/N~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, so the ending wasn’t my favorite, but I wanted to give you something before I left, I’m going on a church trip, so I wont be on at all till Wednesday. So see you then! J