Royal Celebrations - Part III

WARNING: SMUT

"How did you get in here without raising any suspicion?" he asked the princess, turning his head towards the door as he untied the laces of his tunic, the chamber was dark with a single candle reflecting against Aerion and Rhaenyra.

"I have a way." Rhaenyra smirked.

She was quick to pounce on him, tightening the space between them, her lips jumped upon his, hungry and demanding, the surprise caused him to stagger as he cupped his hands at her hips

The kiss was everything compared to what they shared in the throne room, there was no strange feeling of awkwardness or worry, it truly felt as if they were a single entity. She wrapped her hands around his neck as their tongues danced.

He took a large breath, mixed in with a short chuckle as their lips parted.

"That was... unexpected." Aerion said.

He trailed his hand along her arm, planting it at her neck, looking down to have a better look at her, noticing she had nothing but her nightgown on, making him raise his brow.

"Did you walk through the halls in this, what of the servants? Did you not..." he asked.

"Let us not talk about that.." she replied, placing her finger at his lips "I.. I couldn't sleep knowing what we had shared, I needed to see you."

Aerion placed a hand upon hers, their fingers intertwining as he looked to her with a devilish smirk.

"Well.. here I am, standing before you." he responded.

He let go as she stood there, attempting to find the words to speak, and ran his hand across his right cheek, massaging it as he began to feel the pain from his earlier fight.

"If we are to continue as we are..." she paused for a brief moment ".. then I must speak the truth to you, as I fear what might happen if you were to find out from another." Rhaenyra said.

She looked at him confused, though did not speak on what he was doing, and why his face was bruised and bloody, no doubt she thought he was still recovering from the feast and had no knowledge of his experience in the city.

"I'm listening." Aerion nodded.

"Do you not question why Ser Criston had attacked Joffrey?" she asked "And why I said it was my fault that it had happened?"

While Aerion gave it thought, he quickly had forgotten any detail of how it might of begun, with Criston Cole and Joffrey Lonmouth fight being nothing but a disturbance for him in the moment

"Briefly." he admitted "My main focus in that moment was whether you were safe, it would have been terrible should anything have happened to you before I got to express how I felt."

They each chuckled at his words, before the smile on her lips turned to a frown as she seemed to be back in deep thought.

"Ser Criston and I were involved for a short time, before I had been betrothed to Laenor." she said.

Her voice was trembling slightly as she told him, and Aerion did not know what to think with this newfound information.

"Involved?" he questioned, clenching his fists as his mind raced with interpretations as his mind raced with possibilities "Did Criston lay his hands upon you?" his voice raised briefly.

She shook her head profusely, grabbing his hand once more.

"No, not like that... it was my choice." she said, her voice no more than a whisper "I told you that he was driven to madness because of me... I coupled with him, okay? I made a stupid decision and regret it each and every day."