Royal Celebrations - Part II

The hall was loud and frantic with a hundred lords mumbling with each other, King Viserys ordered them to dissipate from the hall with the help of the household guard. Only a few remained, including Aerion, who was leaning against a table, wiping his mouth with a cloth, removing the blood that had accumulated from his scuffle with Ser Criston.

"Seven Hells." the king exclaimed "Lord Commander, ensure Ser Criston is imprisoned in the Black Cells until he is summoned before myself after the wedding celebrations." Viserys looked from Ser Harold to the Grand Maester, who was tending to Joffrey "Mellos, what is his condition?"

"He will live, your grace." Grand Maester Mellos revealed, much to the relief of Laenor especially "but there has been considerable damage to his eye, we must get him to my chambers for further healing."

"Ser Erryk and Ser Steffon, assist the Grand Maester in getting Ser Joffrey to his chambers." The Kingsguard did as they were commanded and Joffrey was ushered away rather quickly, with Laenor following after them.

Rhaenyra walked over to Aerion "May I?" she said, grabbing the cloth from his hand and assisting him in cleaning up his face, and the prince smiled at her warmly.

"You did well, my boy." Viserys calmed down, having to place his hand on the chair to balance himself "I do hope you are not seriously hurt?"

"I should be fine, your grace." Aerion nodded "Right now, it is Ser Joffrey that I shall pray for." Viserys patted him on the shoulder, and turned to Rhaenys and Corlys.

"Lord Corlys, I apologise for Ser Criston's outburst tonight, I believe we can move forward and enjoy the remainder of the festivities, the tourney will continue." Their conversation trailed as Aerion fixated on Rhaenyra running the cloth gently across his skin.

"Thank you." he mumbled under his breath, quiet enough that only Rhaenyra could hear him as the King's voice continued to dominate the hall "Sorry for - argh" his words were cut short as she pressed on a cut.

"Do not apologise." she replied, matching his tone.

"I believe we have all had enough for the night." Viserys' said as he approached Aerion and Rhaenyra once again "I will be retiring for the night.. Lord Lyonel, we shall convene the council at dawn."

"I will inform them right away, your grace." Lord Lyonel answered, and it was not long until only Rhaenyra and Aerion remained, she placed the cloth down on the table and set to leave herself, until the prince grabbed her hand and pulled Rhaenyra back to him.

"The words I spoke remain true." Aerion said, loosening his grip, running his hand across hers and intertwining their fingers "Tell me they are just as true to you."

"What happened here tonight is why we could never be - Ser Criston, once my most loyal protector, has been driven to madness over decisions I made." a tear left her eye and Aerion was quick to wipe it away.

"It is not my place to know what happened between yourself and Ser Criston, maybe I will never know.." Aerion answered "We have not known each other long, this is true, but you fill a hole that has long been empty." he ran his hand across her pendant "Perhaps even our grandfather wanted us to be more than we are."

"What about Laenor?" she asked "This would affect him just as much as I, the man is to be my husband, that is no small commitment." she questioned, though it appeared she was questioning herself more so than anything.

"You told me that you may never love him as one should love their husband - and that he would feel the same." he lifted up her hand, planting a small kiss on the back "I do not care that you are to be married, if we are not meant to be then the fourteen flames will rip us apart. Are you not one for risks, Rhaenyra?"