4: That Just Happened

Start from the beginning

A round of applause broke out as I nodded. "I know that a lot of y'all see me as a joke because of who I'm related to"

That same older lady made a noise and I was about to say something but I just mugged her instead. "—but one of the things that genuine Designers have in common is seeing our job as more than just creating clothes"

"So I want y'all to take this next week and learn more about me and what my brand stands for and create your design from that." Everyone nodded as the room filled with conversations. For the rest of the meeting, we did some brainstorming for the release party and talked more about the project.

"Excuse me" I stepped away as I answered my ringing phone. "How the hell you bypassed my DND?" I grumbled as Niko chuckled on the other end.

"Because I'm him goofy" I smacked my lips as I heard Ajax hyena laugh pierce my ears. I swear they never got anything to do in the morning.

"What y'all group calling me for, niggas never working"

"Tuh, ain't like you doing anything" Ajax stated.

"I'm making money moves while y'all playing on my line" —they chuckled as I shook my head— "but since y'all on the phone, wassup?"

"Shit we sliding through phoenix, what's the moves?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Word?"

"Yeah nigga ain't I just said that" I sucked my teeth.

"Don't make me reach through this phone and jack you up"

"I'll call the popo on you, try me hoe" Niko joked causing Ajax to break into laughter. I couldn't help but join in.

"Look are we hitting up Marshall's or what?" I joked, referencing a TikTok sound that's been stuck in my head.

"You get on my nerves"

"You love me stop playing" I couldn't help the laugh that slipped through once I heard him suck his teeth.

"Yall niggas something else but we gonna let you get back to playing dress up"

"Mmcht bye" I hung up on their laughter as I thought of a few places we could pop out at. I walked back to the main room as I spotted Solani deep into IPad. Everyone else was busy socializing or talking about the project.

"Whats good stranger" I spoke from behind making her jump.

"You scared me" she muttered looking back at her iPad.

"I'm not use to you being this quiet, what's on your mind?"

"Called none of your business, don't you got something to do" she asked looking up at me.

"I mean—" I looked her up and down with a smirk as she rolled her eyes.

"Go ahead and get that image out your head, that was a mistake" I smiled.

"Damn that's how it is" I grabbed my chest chuckling. "Cause you was definitely talking different that day"

She glanced around. "Be quiet, I don't want no one knowing what happened. Look I would like this to stay strictly professional, okay?"

"You should know I'm a nigga that likes to break the rules" I tossed my hands up as a few people looked our way. I caught eyes with one of the girls that walked up to her. She was looking at me seductively but I was focused on Solani. My phone vibrated once again in my pocket.

Saige
Swing by after work, mom is here.

❆  ❆  ❆