''Jab itna pyaar krti ho, to phir se door na bhejo. Ab jab pata hai ke tum mujhse pyaar karti ho, to door reh bhi na paun.'' The simple confession encased her heart in a gentle squeeze, understanding that their efforts to run from each other were futile. (When there's so much love, don't send me away again. Now I know that you love me, I don't think I will even be able to stay away.)

''Saath rehte hai phir,'' she replied in a voice that was equally delicate and resolute, and the full moon watched her take a step towards him. (Let's stay together then.)

His breath was ragged despite being stationary. ''Kaho,'' he gave a single unavoidable commanded, needing to hear it from her mouth, a reply he had yearning for the past 4 years. (Say it.)

''Karungi tumse nikkah,'' she breathed out, a small smile forming on her mouth as she stepped into his realm like she had always wanted. Maybe it was dawn that illuminated the room a couple degrees, or it was an optimism that seeped into the air from her willingness to follow his lead. (I will marry you.)

He still was somehow grateful for an injury that led to her agreeing to marry him - in his mind, it felt like vibrant and exhilarating fireworks went off in a eyecatching display. ''Go get my wallet Meerab,'' he ordered, looking over to that same wardrobe that must have stored his belongings.

Pulling herself up, she put her slippers on and found it empty, except for a few more folded clothes which weren't his. ''Kahan hai?'' (Where is it?)

''Table pe shayad.'' His eyes followed her as her fingertips slid over the polished mahogany dresser, pulling out the heavy draws and then promptly shutting them again with a thud. (Maybe on the table.)

Coming to his bedside time, she pulled to find his wallet, cigarette box and phone. He groggily retrieved it yet his hands moved in a way that was poised and calculated. ''Baitho idhar, mere saamne,'' he instructed, his one leg folding beneath the blanket to allow her to be closer whilst not upon his lap. (Sit here infront if me.)

She acted on his word and sat cross legged in waiting, eagerly watching as he opened the leather flap wallet like a birthday card, and then his index finger and thumb pinched inwards, pulling out the single diamond ring again ; That same one that had dragged him to the other side of the country in a vengeance, fuelled on anger in a need to prove himself. ''Second time lucky?'' It was a plea between them, bearing the last remaining intact piece of him.

She was in awe over how casual the man was - he had been carrying the ring around in his wallet for 4 years. Murtasim had not moved on either.

''Pehle baar bhi 'haan' kehna chahti thi,'' she admit, her left hand hovering in the hair between them, and he didn't miss the slightly tremble. His much larger tanned hands pulled her supple wrist closer, steadying her whilst a tiny butterfly fluttered uncontrollably in her chest whilst a wave of exhilaration. (I wanted to say yeah the first time too.)

''Itne saalon se main yeh haan sunne ke liye taras raha tha,'' he uttered into the secret space between them that now bore the secret of their union. (I was dying to hear you say this for years.)

''I did it because I loved you so much and wanted to keep you safe. You were always enough for me, it was the world that I feared,'' she said, a mere whisper, her words were honey seeped and utterly sincere about the truth she silently carried for years.

She finally gave into her heart in a nod.

Murtasim's fingers balanced around the circumference of the gold ring, sliding onto her nimble finger so that the single pretty diamond stood tall, making her irrevocably his.

And then she finally confessed. ''It's always been you. Aur koyi nahi hai. Tumhare siva kisi se kabhi pyaar kiya bhi nahi- na hi kar paungi. I have been barely living with you gone, the idea that you're safe was my only reason to go on.'' She watched him, the desire deepening in his iris' with her finally being claimed as his, tingling lips, diamond studded hand and as forever, her heart was his. (There's noone else. I have never loved anyone other than you, nor will I be able to.)