10 - Almaas

Murtasim had freshly completed his 3 year military training course and returned home for a short break

Murtasim had freshly completed his 3 year military training course and returned home for a short break. The spare time was spent luxuriating as he drove over the roads of Hyderabad in the Khan's car that his father had been allocated. It was heavy and suave, solely used to escort Meerab - it carried her vanilla musky fragrance, seeped into the expertly polished leather. It was the first deep breath he had taken after 6 months from had bi-annual return from camp.

Today Murtasim had insisted that his father rest and that he himself would humbly take on the prestigious duty of driving nawabzaadi Meerab around where-ever her heart desired as her loyal and diligence attendant.

It was a balmy evening when he went to collect the girl, blatantly peering outwards as her dress swayed on every step out of the towering front door of her house. She slid into his rear seat, trying to keep a straight face.

He had stolen her away in broad daylight ; Meerab lying that she was meeting her friends for dinner at some flashy restaurant. The car door clicked shut, sealing then together into a confined space, their minds bubbling over with anticipation at the possibilities of what they could do given the car to travel.

''Main yaad aaya?'' He asked smugly, twisting to get a quick look back whilst barley accelerating out of their royal driveway. (Did you remember me?)

''Yaad karna tha?'' She teased in a farce of not obsessing over him for every minute apart. ''Itni der to nahi gye the?'' A mirthful vibrance accented her words. (Was I supposed to? You weren't away for that long.)

''6 mahiney kam hai?'' He quizzed - there was a challenging lilt to the rhetorical question. For him, they were endless, and she was the beacon of hope to return to Hyderabad. (Is 6 months not enough?)

''6 mahiney to aik saal bhi nahi hai,'' she replied whilst trying to suppress the joyous giggle which danced in her throat. She had missed him entirley, his voice was simply insufficient to satiate the yearning which had flourished between them. (6 months isnt even 1 years.)

Despite the pact she had made that today would be the last time she met him, Meerab allowed herself this one last time - distance really did make the heart grow exponentially fonder.

The foundations of his ego remained firm inspite of her teasing, thinking that nothing could subdue his plans. ''Jab main jaunga, fir yaad karna aur saal gin na,'' he countered back at her, recalling her whines and complaints that he wasn't in Hyderabad, ready to come and whisk her away as she desired. (When I leave again then you can remember me and count the years

A playful tut escaped from her lips at him being so unfittingly fragile around her, reduced to reminding her of her own weakness- his absence.

Their feelings were apparently so well founded and entrenched, there was no need for assurances when they had drank from the same elixir of love years ago and every day since. ''Murtasim, I was teasing you. Ab nahi ja sakte!'' She ordered in a feminine giggle but that was beautifully giddy and unrestrained in his company. Her higher pitched voice conveying an absoloute law that he was more than willing to comply with. (You can't go away again.)